Ok, so I have a really random question for all of you bloggers out there. I have major canker sore problems & have never found a good remedy. Does anyone have one? I can get 10-15 at a time all over my mouth & tongue. Right now I have them going down my throat. I actually took 1/2 a Vicodin because it hurts to talk and eat...I know, pathetic! I've heard Ecinachea (sp?) helps. I've tried the patches that cover them but they don't work. Anything else? Thanks in advance! (I was going to post a picture of my biggest canker sore on here, but thought it would gross people out. Ha ha!)
8.24.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


14 comments:
Okay this totally really hurts. But Brick always bites them off when they are where it is possible. He says it works but i am to chicken to try.
My suggestion is to go to the dentist, and they can prescribe you some sort of medication. There were many people that would come in with that problem. If you can, give it a try.
Hey Anjane: My advice is the same as above. Kevin gets them and there is a perscription that his dentist calls in every few months. This is what it's called, "Triamcinolone Acetonide Dental Paste USP, 0.1%" Kevin swears by it.
Awesome! I didn't know there was anything like that that could be prescribed. I'll call my dentist about it! Malinda, I can't believe Brick bit them off!!! I think that would hurt worse than the canker sore! :)
So i get those a ton too when I eat a lot of candy, fruit and I now will never complain because yours sounds so much worse. My brother in law breaks his open and pours salt in his mouth...ahhhhh. Crazy eh'? I can't do that, I am too much of a wuss. I know that's not too helpful, sorry. I feel some of your pain.
I always get a lot of cankers when I'm stressed. Try calming down! Take a deep breath! This might not be real advice, but it just sounds like you're stressed out. Take care of yourself, Anjane... :)
Anjane' - Hey, it's Brooke (Mortensen) Fenn. I just saw your question about cankers. My family has always used L-Lysine. You can get it at WalMart. The brand I have currently is Spring Valley...and it says it's a dietary supplement. Anyway, at Walmart, the section where you find it is all alphabetized so it's easy to find. We always take a pill a day until the cankers are gone. Takes just a few days, but it works like a charm...at least for us it does. Worth a try! Hope this helps. you can email me if you have any ?'s. brookefenn@hotmail.com
Anj--I get cankers like that too--in fact I think I have them going down my throat right now too, it hurts almost like strep or something, it's awful, I feel your pain, but it's better than a big ole cold sore on the outside that everyone can see :) What Brooke said about Lysine does work, for cold sores too, for those who get them. Also, some people say to use Alum? It's a spice and you put it on them, supposed to take some pain away. I remember my mom making my brother drink buttermilk to coat it, gross. Anyway, good luck! Hope they go away, and I agree, take a deep breath and relax and take care of yourself. Love ya.
Okay Anjane and Lincoln-- Sue just shared a piece of corn with me that you guys just brought back from Snowflake! Yummy. I hope you'll keep me in mind next time you go :)
Hey, Anjane. It's Emily Johnson here. I am just starting to create a blog so I was looking at other blogs from the ward to get some ideas - I don't know what I'm doing! I had a canker a few days before I got married on my bottom lip that was about the size of a nickel. I asked my dentist if there was anything quicker than a prescription because I really wanted to be able to kiss Marty on our wedding day! So he blasted it off with a laser. It hurt like heck while he did it, but as soon as I left it was already covered in scar tissue and didn't hurt in the slightest. The scar tissue went away in a day or two. Obviously that is drastic, but in the meantime you can try putting an asprin on top of the actual canker. It sort of numbs it and I like to use that better than oragel or anything because I hate how that stuff runs all over my mouth and makes my whole mouth numb.
Try baking soda. It sounds weird but it works. My mom has had us do that since we were kids. You just put a small amount of baking soda on the sore and it helps...at least for me it has.
This advice might come too late, but my mom gets canker sores when she changes toothpastes! maybe you're allergic to the toothpaste you're using????
oh my goodness! me too!!!! I swear I have had on the inside of my lip for the last 9 months, it will just NOT go away.
HI! Im Holly Butler from church, I know totally random I found your page and i LOVE reading about you guys! So cute! I would really like to hang out! , anyway I get ad canker sores too! and you know what works for me is baking soda! put it on the spot and it kills the acid pain and helps it heal fast! :)
Post a Comment