9.14.2007

Jackson's birthday

Jackson's birthday turned out to be such a great day. I was very surprised, because I've been really anxious about this day for quite awhile. I feel some relief. I feel like I get a chance to start over. I don't know if that really makes any sense. I love Jackson so, so much & am so glad that he is in our family. I feel more hope than I did before though. Thank you to all of you out there who sent cards, called us, gave us gifts, or said kind words for Jackson's birthday. It helped us so much and we could really feel all of your prayers and still can.

These are a few of my favorite pictures from Jackon's 1st birthday...



Making birthday cupcakes

Ashley Young gave me a balloon to let go of at Jackson's grave...thank you Ashley. That was such a nice gesture. I know Jackson appreciated it. :)

Balloon with letters from us to Jackson tied to it

Mom & Dad at the cemetery...I love this picture

Our eternal family...Lincoln & I in front of Jackson's grave

16 comments:

Heather said...

Anjane' you are so amazing. I am glad you are feeling that way. I love you!

Mandy Abbott said...

I have been thinking of you all week. I just remember one year ago, the craziest most spiritual experience of my life (thus far) and you were a part of it. You and Lincoln are both an inspiration to those around you and such sweet examples of the way we should be! Thanks you guys!

Logan & Lindy said...

You guys are such a amazing family.
I am so glad you had a good day in Snowflake we have been thinking of you guys. Your pictures are so touching to see your Eternal family.

{ Bethany } said...

*hugs* Happy Birthday Jackson!

btw- I totally thought your mom was YOU when I first glanced at it. Did she sell her soul to look that amazing?!

Bekah: said...

thank you for the touching post anjane and continuing to inspire so many people who know you. i am glad that the day went well for you and Lincoln. I am happy you were able to be there in Snowflake. i love you guys!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to Jackson! I too was worried about Camden's birthday, after a good long cry and much support from family and friends you realize you are okay. You looked like you handled it well. Good of you to start traditions to commemorate each and every year. Jackson is so special and will be with you again.

Natalie said...

Anjane,

It was so nice to talk to you and I cant believe how amazing you are. You are truly a great example. Im sure Jackson is so proud of you. Im glad his birthday was a great experience for. I had been thinking of you that week and im glad to know it went good.

Anonymous said...

That was great to see the pictures of your day in Snowflake. I'm glad things went well--you're very blessed.

Ashley said...

Anjane~
Thank you so much for taking that picture of letting the balloon go for Jackson. When I came over the night before and gave it to you I was very excited because it was my way of introducing myself to him and letting him know that I am a new friend of his mother's.
Love ya so much it hurts!

Jenni Sue said...

Those are beautiful pics. Sure missed you this weekend...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness- this is such a beautiful and touching post. I am balling right now- How wonderful that you have an eternal family :-)
You guys are awesome!

Amy said...

Anjane'
You and Lincoln are amazing . Your family is such an example to me. I'm glad your day was wonderful and you're doing well. Tell your family we said "Hi" . Our blog is robandamysfamily.blogspot.com

Love ,
Amy

Maren said...

i love the pics and i love that you are so open about it and share thoughts and stories! im sure it helps with the healing process. jackson is so lucky to have you as his mom!

Erica Wiezbowski said...

anjane, you are such an inspiration to me. i cried this entire post. i'm so sorry that i missed this special day, please let me make it up to you! call me and we can get together. we miss you guys!

Jana said...

Happy birthday to Jackson!
I'm so glad it was a nice day for you guys and that you are healing!

Nate&Mindi said...

This is a really sweet post Anjane and I love the pictures. You guys are amazingly strong! You're a great example for everyone.

Blog Archive