9.24.2007

Oklahoma City Bombing

We were supposed to visit the Oklahoma City Bombing memorial the first time we went to visit Katee & Kevin, but I was too sick to go the day that we had planned to. Now I really wish we had gone, so that Lincoln could have seen it. It was amazing! I was so impressed with everything they had at the memorial and the feeling that I felt there.

A wall with tiles from kids with pictures representing the day of the bombing.

A rescue worker wrote this as they were pulling people out of the remains of the building.

In memory of the victims...this little pair of shoes just broke my heart.


My favorite part, even though it is not technically part of the memorial. This statue was put up across the street. The inscription in the last picture is on the bottom of the statue. AMAZING!

2 comments:

Summer said...

How touching! I wish I could see this in person.

Jenni Sue said...

Love that statue. You've been doing some fun stuff--it's fun reading your blog!

Blog Archive