11.27.2007

Da's 80th Bday Party!

Lincoln's grandpa (Da) turned 80 years old on Friday! We had a big party for him at the social hall in Snowflake. It was a lot of fun. All of the grandkids were able to come in from out of town for it. Da is a great man. We are so glad to have him for a grandpa! All of the grandkids wrote about something that they had learned from their grandpa, and Lincoln's cousin Katee compiled the stories in a book. It was awesome!
Since I didn't get to tell a story about Da, here is mine...Last time we were in Snowflake Linc was talking to Da up by the barn. I could just see their backs & I couldn't figure out who Lincoln was talking to. When I got up close I realized it was Da. So I told Da that he looks so much younger from behind. Right after I said it they just busted up laughing. So they tease me now & say that I think Da has a nice butt! Ha ha!

Aunt Jackie, Roma Lee (Linc's mom), Da, Grandma Rita, Uncle Lamar, Aunt Lea, Aunt Melanee.
Here are Lincoln's aunts and grandparents on his mom's side. I love them all...they are amazing! I love Da & Rita's story. They knew eachother when they were teenagers & both married other people. Then both of their spouses died. They started dating eachother & fell in love! They have been married for 17 years now. They have a really cool picture in their home with Rita sitting on Da's lap when they were like 16 years old. I love it! I was able to meet Rita's three kids and their families for the first time. They traveled from Idaho to be at the party. It was a great night!

No comments:

Blog Archive