12.12.2007

Omaha Mall Shooting

The mall shooting in Omaha, Nebraska hit way too close to home for our family. My sister Melissa is on her mission in Omaha. My mom heard the story on the news, but my sister had just emailed us two days before so we figured she had already had her P-day and wouldn't be at the mall that day. We found out later that her district had gone to lunch there. They were going to eat at a restaurant inside the mall, right next to Von Maur (where the shooting took place) but decided to go to a place outside of the mall instead. The place they were at when the shooting happened was right next to the mall. After lunch, Melissa & her district walked outside to find tons of police cars & ambulances. I am so, so grateful that the missionaries were protected and my heart goes out to all of the victims of this horrible crime.

5 comments:

Michelle Bebe said...

wow, manifestation of heavenly father's tender mercies.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! I cannot believe that! How scary- I am so glad Melissa is ok. I second the first comment- that is amazing.

Summer said...

HOW SCARY! I am so glad that your sister and the missionaries are safe.

Michelle Randall said...

Wow! Crazy story. This is the 2nd story of people being protected or prompted to be somewhere else when they actually had planned to be at the mall at that time. So glad that you sister is OK. She must be serving in the area right where our cousins (Nathan & Shauna) live. You'll have to ask Lincoln about that.

{ Bethany } said...

oh my goodness!!! how scary for your family! I'm so glad they were all ok.

Blog Archive