1.24.2008

"Sorry little darlin, hope I didn't dent your 'do." -Link Larkin to Tracy Turnblad

You gotta love that quote! My sister Megan had a Hairspray party for her birthday last weekend. I had the privilege of helping teach all the girls a dance from the movie & then judging a dance contest. There were over 20 12-year-old girls there...it was pretty crazy to say the least! I love the movie Hairspray...it's a classic! Lincoln refuses to watch it & has told me multiple times since we've been married that he is not going to let our kids watch musicals.
Over my dead body! What's wrong with the guy?




Some of the girls...don't you love their 60's outfits?!











And Miss Hairspray is...Courtney!

8 comments:

The Gotzingers said...

What a fun idea to do for a party. Bet it was a blast!! How Fun!

Tiff Hunt said...

That is the coolest idea for a party that I have ever seen! I love it! and you Dad is super cool. Any man that will dress up is on my cool list. What fun it looks like you all had!

Admin said...

Okay, I must confess that I am a musical fanatic. I love them!! And so I think Lincoln need to get with it because he is missing out!! Buuut, can you believe that I have never seen Hairspray? Now it is on my list for next time I go to Anne's house to borrow (I hope she has it). The party sounds like it was so much fun!

Summer said...

It must be in the blood cause Brad is ANTI-musicals as well. Although his mom LOVES it so I don't know where they get that. Must be the HIATT MAN in them! My sister just went to Hairspray and said it was fantastic. I've never seen it - guess I'll rent to movie.
The party looks fun - cute costumes!

Shelley Goodman said...

For my birthday I want to have a dance party with all my girlfriends, no joke! I remember when Megan was born! She is so cute and looks like a mini you!

Anonymous said...

I am with April- i still havn't seen Hairspray! I really want to though! I think Byron and Lincoln are too much alike- Byron is definitely not a fan of musicals. I love them though, as well! Looks like such a fun party!

LafeNLacy said...

What a fun time! (Your dad is hilarious in drag). Anyone who hasn't seen Hairspray yet definitely needs to! It's on my top ten favorites. Today I danced all around the house during Stetson's nap while I listened to the soundtrack.

Jen and Gonzo said...

What?! Teeny is seriouly that old?! Unbelievable! What a fun party. To be honest...I'd be surprised if your dad DIDN'T dress up in some get up for a social event. He's hilarious. Tell your parents hi for me, I miss them!

Blog Archive