
Ok, so it is 3:23 am, Lincoln is sleeping away and I am on the computer...AWAKE. Unfortunately, this isn't the first night this has happened, or even the 10th night this has happened. So...I need advice!!! Have any of you had a hard time sleeping & if so, did you find a cure? I have tried Benadryl & Tylenol PM...the Tylenol helps more, but not as much as you would think. And I don't like the medicine hangover feeling I have in the morning from it. Just a random fact...did you know that Benadryl and Unisom are the EXACT same thing? Pretty crazy, since they charge way more for Unisom! I felt guilty for taking medicine to fall asleep, until my bishop told me that he takes cough medicine to fall asleep. :) They gave me Ambien after I had Jackson, and I turned into a freak. I was hallucinating and Lincoln almost called 911. Hmm, that actually is a pretty funny story. I'll have to tell it sometime! ANYWAY, I would like to find a more natural approach to sleeping. Does anyone have any ideas? I am clueless!
2.13.2008
I have issues!
Posted by Hiatt Family at 3:23:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


13 comments:
hmmm.... Well My hubby David takes the wal mart brand of sleep-aid or whatever its called. Each pill has 50mg in it and he only takes 1 and sleeps like a baby. He hasn't had any problems. Maybe you should try that? When I can't sleep I always take a really hot shower and that seems to calm my body down so I can relax and sleep. I'm sorry, that really stinks!! Hope you can figure something out soon! :o)
i have the same problem. i'm away till 2 or 3 almost every night. i have zanex for anxiety but i use them more to help me sleep. they work like a charm. it completely relaxes you and makes you very sleepy and gives you a good night sleep so you dont wake up all groggy like cold medicine can make you.
hi it's jenny richins here. i just looked at my public blog and noticed you left a comment on my blog Months ago! i am truly sorry that i never responded til now. i seriously rarely check it because i tend to forget. in case you forgot who i am, i had commented on your sons' blog. i think you're just an amazing mother! such an inspiration to me. :) i would like to send an invite to you to view my blog and i don't know your email address but anyway, mine is: jenrichins@yahoo.com. just send me an email and i can invite you then...if you are interested. thanks. jenny
Hey: I know someone else that Ambian turned into a freak! I take half of one Tylenol PM.....it puts me out enough that if I do wake up I can easily go back to sleep but I'm not groggy in the morning. I've tried Simply Sleep before too and it works as well.
Hey anjane'
You could try Herbal sleepy tea and a hot bath before you go to bed. And maybe a boring book!! hahaha j/k
Good luck
ok im with nat on the hot bath and tea... Celestial sleepytime herbal tea is amazing!
also... do you drink caffiene?
i have found im super sensitive to it and if i have ANY soda i cannot sleep. too much sugar or chocolate can do that too...crazy!
GOOD LUCK!
Hey there! Well, you know I have sleep issues too. We should call each other when we are both up so late at night! Unfortunately, I have no answers. I am thinking of going to a sleep specialist, however, because it is out of control. Sometimes the Benadryl or Tylenol PM will help me stay asleep, but NOTHING helps me fall asleep! I am always tired because I just CAN'T SLEEP! Anyway, good luck! Oh, and I loved the reminder about the Ambien - that is a GREAT story! :)
You have NO IDEA who I am, but i check your blog every couple months, I'm friends with Jamie Hammond. Anyways, have you ever heard of the ALL-NATURAL Melatonin? It works wonders, sometimes I only have to take half a pill, it definitely works. It's not addicting either, you can get it at Hi-Heath GNC or any of those stores. Just thought I'd help!
The only thing I've heard of natural is Melatonin. You can find it at Sprouts or pretty much anywhere. If you go to there counter over by there herbs and stuff they usually have someone over there to help . Good luck.
I feel for you girl! Not sleeping is the worst. Hopefully you can find some good tricks and pass them on to the rest of us. I have some sleepless times too. :)
Im like you for sure and I take melatonin. it works really good and I dont feel drowsy in the morning, just get 3mg and take it 30 min before bedtime.
Love Dr Holbrook
I have a hard time falling asleep to begin with, but if I take two Advil PM's I'm out within a half hour or so. But it DOES come with that hangover though. Hey, we haven't talked in a while. I miss hanging out with you and just talking!
hey anjane, just thought i'd tell you about my friend. she ended up having sleep problems for two years and nothing would work. after many doctors she ended up working with a therapist who diagnosed it as post traumatic stress syndrome (problems began after having a baby) and started therapy based on that diagnosis. she's now sleeping with no problem. if your problems get worse let me know and i'll give you her number. i don't know how people function without sleep! good luck.
Post a Comment