4.17.2008

Dad's bday dinner



Sunday was Dad's bday...for dinner he chose pork chops, mashed potatoes & gravy, biscuits and banana cream pie. After dinner Lincoln & Aaron had their usual wrestling match. They are hilarious. Lincoln is so happy that he finally has little brothers to beat up on. :)
I love my dad so much and admire him. He is always setting goals & trying to do better. He taught me that as long as I am trying & moving forward, that's all that matters.
He is a great man & a strong priesthood holder. He was always available to give me a blessing whenever I needed it...many times this was in the middle of the night, yet he always thanked me for asking him for one. Since I was young he has asked my advice on things that are happening in his life. With him I have always felt like my opinion was valued. He taught me how to know right from wrong & he taught me how to admit when I am wrong. He also taught me everything I needed to know about boys. :) Ha ha. I remember when I got my first boyfriend he came into my room & had a long talk with me about "how boys think". Yeah, I didn't really get what he was trying to say at the time, but I appreciated the effort. :) I love listening to my dad sing...his voice is kind of raspy & I love the way it sounds. I have always known that my dad has a strong testimony of the church. He also taught me what a sacred thing marriage is & that a marriage shouldn't end unless absolutely necessary. I really can't say enough about my dad. I feel really safe around him. I feel like he sees me for who I am & who I can become. I love him & am so thankful for the relationship I've had with him throughout my life so far. Happy birthday Dad!

2 comments:

Bekah: said...

you are so good about posting birthdays. you HAVE to make your blog into a book! its so like a journal!

Amy said...

I love the pic with Lincoln and Aaron. BOYS do they ever grow up? Rob and his bro still do crazy stuff and Rob will be 36 this year. Happy b-day Bro. Allen !

Blog Archive