4.08.2008

Heaven Sent!!!


Today I am EXTREMELY thankful for this little wonder right here. GINGER ROOT!!! I went to the doctor yesterday & asked if there was something more natural that I could take for my nausea...and ginger root is what the doc prescribed. Let me tell you, it is working wonders for me!!! The best thing about it is no crazy side-effects! Yea!!! Now I can clean my house, call people back who called me two weeks ago, and hopefully become somewhat normal! I do have to say that my pain pretty much disappeared for two weeks last month (which meant no painkillers) and after my horrible week last week, has gone away again. Lincoln & I are perplexed...my pain has always gotten worse, never better unless I had surgery or was pregnant. We are thinking maybe it is because my dr cut some nerves during my last surgery, thinking that might help....which would explain why I felt worse than usual after surgery, but maybe it finally healed. I don't know, we are going to ask him at my next appointment. SO things are looking up for us. We really needed it...I was so discouraged! Yea for me and my newfound freedom! No more laying on the couch all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S.- I don't think you are supposed to take this if you are pregnant...just so you know.

11 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

I was told to eat Ginger Snaps when pregnant and Ginger ale. Seriously it works wonders until you throw up the stuff!!! SOO sick. I am glad you are feeling better! Yepee!!!

Heather said...

YAY! I am so happy it's working :)

Summer said...

I hear the ginger snaps are fabulous for nausea. I am sorry you are in so much pain all the time. I am glad you are finding things that are working. I love your last post - Sounds like you and Lincoln are so good for eachother!

BAM & CJ said...

I'm glad it's helping. I know how hard it is for you when you can't do the things that you'd like to do!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! I've been thining about you... hoping things go good for you :)

Jamielynn said...

I am so glad you found something that helps you feel better. Anjane' I think about you all the time...I really do!!! You are lucky to have Lincoln...but he is lucky to have YOU too!! I think you are such a cute couple!!

Bekah: said...

i hope you just get better and better and NEVER sick again!!!

the Kevster said...

I am so happy for you!!! You have been in my prayers for a long time. Please let me know if I can do anything for you! I LOVE YOU!
Love,
Brianne Ralston (Bishop)
briannetraci@hotmail.com

Michelle Bebe said...

i took ginger for a few months, plus a 1/2 a unisom and vitamin b6.... so...i don't know but I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE FEELING a little better!

Shelley Goodman said...

Being nauseous is the worst! That is funny because they give out ginger pills on cruises to help with that without the side effects of dramamine (spelling?) Hooray to feeling better!

Jana said...

I think you can take ginger root when you're pregnant...somebody gave me some when I was. I don't think it helped though. Either that or everything sounded disgusting and dumb and I didn't think it would help so I didn't take it. Ha!

Blog Archive