8.22.2008

Road Trip!













We made a last-minute decision to go to Canada...so on Thursday we woke up, drove a few hours to the border, went on a ferry and then drove to Butchart Gardens (near Victoria, B.C.), stayed there for a few hours, drove back to the ferry, took the ferry back and drove to our hotel late that night. If we could do it over again, we definitely wouldn't make this trip in one day. The ferry was so expensive...we thought the initial charge was round-trip but we later learned otherwise. We figured we should take tons of pictures to make up for it, so by the time you get through all these pictures you'll probably feel like you were there! :)





Lincoln had told me earlier that we would be driving on to the ferry, but I am dumb & thought he was joking. Obviously I didn't know what a ferry was. :) Stetson & Shawn & I were all freaking out when we realized he was serious. I was telling Lincoln "Oh, it's like the movie Deja Vu where Denzel Washington is running between the cars down below on the boat...it must have been a ferry! I get it!" Ha ha. Of course I have to mention the food too...I had the best salmon crepe and enormous toffee cookie while we waited...yum! It's so sad that I am still thinking about the food 2 weeks after our trip...maybe that's why I gained 5 pounds that week. :)

1 comment:

Jana said...

Wow, this is so weird Anjane'...either I don't pay attention to all your trips or I never knew you were going on this one! I just knew you were leaving lots and sometimes you were out of town and sometimes you weren't...I need to pay attention a little better. It looks like it was SO much fun!!!

Blog Archive