8.22.2008

VICTORY!!!

I have an extremely exciting story to share! We took a trip to Snowflake earlier this week. On Tuesday night I walked the mile or so to Lincoln's brother Matt's house & Lincoln rode his bike there. On the way home I had some energy & decided to jog back to his parents' house. First a little background though: A couple years ago, Linc made a comment about the way that I run. Let's just say that it wasn't a nice comment & he REALLY regrets saying it. He's apologized a million times for it, so don't hold it against him. :) I wouldn't even say anything about it, but it's a key part to this story.

So now fast forward to Tuesday night. I am jogging back to Lincoln's parents' house & he is riding his bike behind me. He says, "Holy cow! You don't run weird anymore!" I asked him what he was talking about & he said, "You look totally normal now when you run!" He asked me what I was doing differently & I told him "nothing". When I ran into the house, Lincoln's mom asked me, "Were you just running? Didn't it hurt you?" I stopped to think about it & realized that it hadn't hurt even ONE LITTLE BIT!!! Also, usually when I stop exercising my lower body just throbs...this time there was NOTHING AT ALL!!! I cannot even explain how excited I was!

We realized that the reason I ran "weird" before was because my body was trying to absorb the impact. I would kind of lean over & bend my body over...& this time I didn't have to do that because it didn't hurt! I'm sure some people would consider this a small victory, but for me it was HUGE!!! I haven't jogged without being in pain for 8 years! Yeah, yeah, yeah for me!!!

8 comments:

Nelson and Kelsey Lewis said...

That is awesome that you are feeling better!!! So fun to see all your trip pictures!!! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Ty and Marla Stevens said...

That is a HUGE VICTORY! It sounds like you are doing so well right now I am so happy for you!

Bekah: said...

hooray! that is so exciting! i'm so happy for you. baby steps...

i {really} want to know what Lincoln said...

Jana said...

Hooray! Yay for accupuncture!!

Logan & Lindy said...

That might explane a little why Lincoly and you were laughing when I said "Anjane' you need to start running with me" That is seriously so awesome you feel good. I am so glad every thing is working so good for you HURRAY!!!

Joy said...

I can't imagine how great that felt for you :)! Congrats!

Admin said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! While I don't suffer from the pain that you do (or should I say, "did"?), I've always had pain during and after running even thought I love the sport. Since doing Network Chiropractic (similar to acupuncture) that pain is gone! I can push myself soo much more now and feel less pain than ever before. And I used to run weird too, so now I'm wondering if maybe I run like a sane person? Maybe I'll have to jog over to your house and let you take a look? :P

Jennifer Larson said...

What a great feeling that must have been. I am glad that things are working out for you and that you are on the road to recovery

Blog Archive