9.30.2008

I'm Going To Be So Rich

Duke is showing natural modeling ability so young. I thought I was going to have to wait for Lincoln to be a doctor to be rich enough to pay my bills. Maybe I don't have to wait so long after all... :)
Here he is again showing off his legs in his sleep.
Ha ha, I had to add this picture & tell this story. Let me just preface this by saying (however mean this may sound) that I used to think it was so weird when people talked about their pets. Don't get me wrong, I really like animals...but living inside your house with you? Spending half your day with them? That just didn't sound at all logical in any way to me. So now I am obviously over that little prejudice & am now "that person" who talks about her pets & posts pictures of them on her blog. Laugh at me if you want...I completely understand. As of late, I have enjoyed trying to make Lincoln think that I think the pets are our children or something. I just like acting extra obsessed around him to see how he reacts. So I saw this bracelet at the mall & started laughing my head off (sorry if any of you own this, but however in love with my puppies I may be, I STILL definitely don't understand this kind of stuff)...so I sent a text to Linc with this picture, saying this bracelet was only $30 & I wanted to buy it. Keep in mind, I had broken the news to him hours earlier that I had gone $150 over on my cell phone bill (not a regular occurrence by any means...I am still feeling very upset & guilty about it). My family & I met him for lunch later that day & he asked if I bought the bracelet. I told him "No, you really think I would buy something like that?!" & he said, "Oh good, I was convincing myself the whole way over here that it was ok. I just kept telling myself that if you really wanted the bracelet, that it would be ok with me." What a sweet husband. I don't think I deserve that. :)

2 comments:

Worthen World said...

okay that is soo funny. you mentioned the bracelet the other night but you failed to mention it was a mushy dog bracelet. Your husband sounded sweet about it but he is seriously a good example of unconditional love by preparing himself to accept that you have a bracelet declaring your puppy love. hehe =)
Don't get me wrong, I love our dog but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed.
Too funny!!!

Jana said...

That story really says a lot about your personalities...I LOVE that you're always teasing him and coming up with ways to bug him, it totally cracks me up. And how NICE is he to try to be okay with you making the most retarded purchase ever!
Oh, and I can't even believe how sexy Duke is. WOWEE.

Blog Archive