9.19.2008

Jackson's 2nd Birthday

Thanks so much to everyone for being so supportive & thoughtful! I won't lie, Jackson's birthday wasn't a great day for me, but I survived it. It was strange...the anticipation of his bday was much better this year (last year I was in bad shape for about a week before & this year only one day before) but the actual birthday was a lot better last year than this year. I think a lot of that was because Lincoln had to work the night before & the night of his bday so I only saw him for a few hours that day. Thanks to those who brought me flowers & texted or called me. I really appreciated it. Before he went to work, Lincoln & I released two white balloons in my parents' backyard.
The sky was really clear that day, so we could see the balloons for a long time. Funny side note...the lady that gave us the balloons put a little blue teddy bear weight on them. We didn't say what the balloons were for...we thought that was kind of cool.

After the balloon releasing, I talked my mom into going shopping with me. I really wanted to try to get my mind off things. All I can say is, don't go shopping when you are feeling sorry for yourself...it isn't healthy. It cheered me up though. :)

No comments:

Blog Archive