Well, I know this is really personal but I figured that pretty much everyone knows that we are trying to get pregnant & that people are probably wondering what is going on. I figured it would be nice to have the support anyway....so here it is:
We've been trying since December. I was on Clomid for about 4 months but it didn't do anything...the doctors actually think it may have made me stop ovulating, which I didn't even know was possible. We went to a fertility specialist for a few months but stopped going because we felt like we were being pushed to do in-vitro. In July I was 9 days late & thought I was pregnant...then I started the day we left for a week-long trip to my sister's mission. Great timing, I know. We try to plan everything around my "time of the month" because I still have a few days where I am in a ton of pain and pretty much in bed because of it. I've been regular the whole time (other than July) but this month I am 15 days late & am still waiting for something to happen. I went to my ob/gyn's office and asked them to do a blood test to make sure that I'm not pregnant...the 3 tests I took at home over the past couple of weeks were negative. I got a call today saying that I am not pregnant.
It's really hard for me not to get my hopes up when I think that I could be. I'm trying to be patient. I really do know that Heavenly Father has a very specific plan for us & our future family & that timing is essential to that plan. Patience is definitely not one of my strongest virtues though! So today was a little bit of a downer. :( A funny side note though...my friend Erica knew that I was waiting to hear back from the doctor today. By late afternoon, she still hadn't heard back from me so she came over to check on me. I answered the door crying...not because I had heard back from the dr. yet, but because I was watching The Biggest Loser! She automatically thought I had heard back & was having a really hard time. I didn't even shed a tear when I ended up hearing back that my test was negative...yet I bawl my eyes out in The Biggest Loser. It's not just a little tear rolling down my face...no, it is that snot-dripping, bunching-up-of-the- face kind of crying. (Don't you love that description?)
I am also going back & forth on whether to change to a different ob/gyn and/or a different fertility doctor. If anyone has any recommendations I would love them! I feel like the drs. I have been going to are very competent, but I keep feeling like I need a change. I am looking for someone who I feel is really invested in me & my situation. Thanks for the help! Thanks too, for all of the support. I feel so blessed & feel like people are really rooting for us...and that feels so good.
10.15.2008
Fertility Update
Posted by Hiatt Family at 6:57:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


13 comments:
Hey girl thanks for the update! I am sorry that you are not prago yet but it will happen :0) OK so my sister has had some of the same things that you have and her ob/gyn has been able to get her 2 beautiful little boys here and she never had to do the invitro thing. If you want give me a call and I will get all the info for you. (480)603-8989 I love you, and thank you for being so strong. You help me more then you will ever know. Love, Marla
Anjane', I want you to know that we are behind you both all the way. We wish there was more that we could do but know that you are in our prayers. Our trials of faith are different but yet the same. There is a different time line for everyone. I was single for much longer than the average LDS woman and really wanted to get married. At times this was a major trial of faith. The Lord knows you and loves you. I am so glad that you are feeling better all the time. We love you, we miss you! Tell Lincoln Hi! Holly
Infertility is so rude. I hate it. I feel your pain....and I won't give you any advice or comforting words, because you probably don't need to hear it. You're awesome!
Anjane', you are turly amazing! The amount of strenght that you and Lincoln have is wonderful! we are constatnly thinking about you both and you are remembered in our prayers. We love you guys and miss you a TON! can't wait to see you both again.
Love
Brea
I have been thinking about you guys a lot and when I was reading this I was getting all excited for you guys but not yet I guess. Like you said the Lord has a plan. You have such great strength. We will continue to hope and pray for you guys.
Anjane', Anjane', what do I say to such an incredible person who already knows the answers? You give me strength. I complain about such trivial things, if only I had your heart and bravery!
Let's get that eggo prego! : )
We had a GREAT fertility specialist with Nash!
www.southwestfertilitycenter.com
I will email you with more details.
I am so glad you have such a great perspective on things, the Lord has a plan and thank goodness for that right?
Hang in there!
You know, I have been so ungrateful. I have taken my kids for granted. I have the opposite issue - I get pregnant way too easy and then it's overwhelmingly financially and emotionally hard on us. Thank you for being so open about your situation. It has humbled me and made me ashamed that I was so angry with God for sending me two babies so close together when we felt we were not ready for it. My heart aches for you and to hear your words of courage and strength brings me to tears. I know you will have the chance to raise children, I just hope you get that opportunity in this life. It's so difficult sometimes, but so worth it.
Well, confessions of a blog lurker! I love to read your blog, I don't have one of my own, so I don't comment a lot, but I had to comment today. I love your positive attitude. It helps me find mine. I can't say that I know how you feel, but I feel baby hungry too. We are fortunate to have our Jeffrey and we just pray that we will have more, but just like you said, in the Lord's time. If you want, send me an email and I will tell you about a conversation I had with a friend about a scripture story that really helps me. No rush, just if your interested (I just don't want to leave it all in a blog comment)
vrburrell@cox.net
Anjane',
The OB I went to when I got pregnant with Owen was Dr. Craig Seal. He specializes in infertility and high risk pregnancies. He was my mom's OB when she had Andrea, and that was after all her miscarriages with an "old school" OB. I had Lydia in TX, and was sad to not have him. He really is so good, and very cautious. I love him! I love you guys, and wish you the best!
thank you for your comment on my blog it competely made my day. i know our situations are different but i have a feeling we have a similiar understanding of how it feels to be helpless/miserable. thank you so much - i get so much inspiration from your blog it keeps me going, thank you again :) love you guys!!
Hey Anjane' I know what you're going through. It can be so frustrating. Dr's are funny things because everybody likes different things. I hope you can find something you're comfortable with. Infertility is such a rollercoaster ride isn't it?
Great blog!! You are amazing and your testimony has strengthened mine. I love reading your blog! I too am having a hard time getting pregnant. It has been so frustrating! I took Clomid also but that didn't work either. I have an awesome doctor if you wanna check him out. I don't know what part of AZ you are living in, but he is in Tempe. It looks like you might be living in Mesa, so that wouldn't be to far for you to drive! Stop on over and say hi on my blog if you want to :) I would love to be bloggin buddies!
Post a Comment