Our new neighbors (& friends) Jorge, Jo & Nala invited Lincoln & I over for a BBQ on Sunday. Well, Jorge is a professional chef so we knew the food would be good...but I was not prepared for how EXTREMELY DELICIOUS it was! Wow, I can't even put it into words...he served us a full-on meal with different courses and everything! To start with, we had this yummy shrimp wrapped in bacon (he called it a fancier name, but I can't remember what it was) on salad & some HEAVENLY corn bisque. Next came grilled chicken, ribs & potato salad.
The last course was this yummy chocolate dessert with fresh cream on the side. Wow, you should have heard how many times I exclaimed how good the food was. I was embarassed by the end because I could not stop talking about it! I really wanted to take a picture of the first course (which was my absolute favorite) but it wasn't until the last course that I actually had worked up the courage to pull out my cell phone to take a picture of it. After all, this was the first time we had all officially hung out together...I'm sure they thought I was completely crazy when they told them that the pic was for my blog! Anyway, we had a good time getting to know our new neighbors better. We played Clue after dinner & I won...I never win that game! And yes, that means that I've actually played it many times since I was a little kid...thanks Moaks! :) But back to the food...it was DIVINE!!! And I am allowing you to be jealous...trust me, you would have given your right arm for this food. I can't get the corn bisque off my mind & am constantly imagining the taste of it over & over again. Ok, I think that's enough...can you tell that I appreciate good food? :)
11.11.2008
Professional Chefs Make The Best Friends
Posted by Hiatt Family at 1:57:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


6 comments:
Wow! Sounds delicious! so where does this guy work????? You need to add that on your post so his restaurant gets lots more business!!
your comments on my blog always cheer me up!! i was laughing about the linc driving you over part because i dont leave my house hardly unless kodi can drive me. in the last 2.5 months i've probably driven myself somewere alone maybe 5 times and that could be stretching it.
Oh man that looks divine! MMM!
I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut also!
YUMMO!!It's sounds divine. I totally am jealous. GET THE RECIPE!!!
Yummy! My mouth is watering. I think my favorite thing ever is food..... So I know what you mean!
So how'd you score such fabulous neighbors. I'm sending skinny thoughts your way because if they were my neighbors I wouldn't stand a chance.
I saw Melissa at BYU. It was from a distance walking through the bookstore so I didn't get to say Hi. She looks great.
Post a Comment