12.02.2008

Boondocks


Friday night Megan & I met my friend Rebeca & her kids at a place called Boondocks. The drive there was interesting. I hit either a really big tree branch or a small tree in the middle of the highway. (Of course I didn't notice that nobody was in that lane & couldn't figure out why there was a cop car sitting there until it was too late!) Anyway, we made it to Boondocks unharmed. :) This place has go-karts, bumper boats, miniature golf, arcade games, etc. We ate pizza and rode the go-karts. My hands have NEVER been so cold! It felt like needles were stuck all over them...ok, I know that is a little dramatic, but it was SO cold outside & driving into the wind like that made them really hurt! I guess that's why sane people wear gloves in Utah!We spent most of our time there playing arcade games. I normally don't enjoy that very much, but we had a lot of fun! Meg was a natural at the jump rope game...when the light goes under your feet you are supposed to jump over it. I was out on my 2nd jump. It looks like I need to practice my jump roping skills... My favorite game was this roller coaster simulator...our seats were shaking so much that Meg & I were just laughing our heads off.For some reason I didn't really understand the concept of "Whack A Mole". I thought I was only supposed to hit the red mole because it was coming out the furthest & the most often. I finally realized at the very end that I needed to hit all of them. Meg was a champ...she was basically better than me at all of the games. I was quite jealous. :)
I've kind of prided myself on being good at ski ball...until Rebeca's 8-year-old son beat me every time. :) I guess I can't be exceptional at EVERYTHING right?! :)
I cannot say enough good things about my friend Rebeca. I wish that everyone could have a friend like her! She is an AMAZING person. She inspires me, helps me, supports me, makes me laugh so hard and is always there for me. THANK YOU REBECA! Some days I honestly don't know what I would do without her. If only she didn't live so far away!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive