3.28.2009

Just Call Me Sleeping Beauty...


My GI appointment went fairly well. I am so thankful! The doctor I saw was an old man wearing cowboy boots...so Lincoln liked him right away. :) I was really impressed with how much time he took with us. We talked with him for at least 45 minutes & he was extremely thorough. He decided to do some tests (colonoscopy & endoscopy) in two weeks, but told me that he wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't find anything wrong, because whatever is wrong doesn't seem like it's something that is obvious or common. He will then look into some rare cases & will keep looking for answers.
He gave me a medication (that is not a narcotic) to try to help me sleep & to help my pain. It was originally given for a different problem, but it ended up helping patients with both of those things. The dr. said he just wanted me to try it...so I took it last night...and slept for 16 hours. I fell asleep at 11:00 last night & woke up at 3:00 this afternoon. The crazy thing is that I woke up with about 30% of the pain I usually have, so it definitely helped! I'm just trying to figure out how to use this medication without sleeping all day, every day! Tonight I'm going to cut it in half and take it earlier. I'm crossing my fingers that it will work!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Wow, I didn't know your bed looked like that! Did Lincoln take that picture of you?

Kami Milliron said...

Glad your appointment went well and I hope this Doctor can help you. And could you send some of that medicine my way ; ) I would LOVE to be able to sleep for 16 hours - oh how lovely it would be !

Blog Archive