4.11.2009

Knowing Where to Look

I find it interesting that I do really well at trusting in the Lord for awhile, but that I always end up losing focus. Today was one of those days when things just became too overwhelming & hard

for me. I cried for awhile, wondering what to do. Then I realized that my prayers have been somewhat repetitious lately, and that I haven't been studying my scriptures like I should. I have these big "light bulb moments" with the same light bulb every time! I end up looking all around me...to other people, doctors, the Internet, etc. for a perfect solution to my problems, when the real solution is right in front of me. Of course, I know that those "outside" resources can be very important too...but my testimony & relationship with the Lord should be number one. He knows the perfect answers that I'm searching for! I was getting so discouraged that I wasn't trusting that Heavenly Father knows EXACTLY what is going on in my life, and that He sends help. I also get caught up in the fact that nobody really understands how much pain I'm in, when that isn't true at all. The Savior knows exactly what I'm feeling & knows exactly how to succor me. When I'm not feeling well, I am more humble, more honest with my feelings, & more aware of others' trials. I learn things from this trial that I couldn't learn any other way. Even though I forget it way too often, I am so, so thankful that I know where to look. He is constant, He is perfect, He is all-knowing. I know that He is real and that He loves me.

4 comments:

Emily Morgan said...

You are right, Anjane'! I feel the same way so much of the time. It is amazing how quickly you can feel relief and comfort, even when it has been a while since you sincerely knelt in prayer, or read your scriptures, when you humble yourself and turn to Him. He is always waiting there to comfort you - and all we have to do is let the Savior put his loving arms around us and lift us up. I find so much strength in your strength! And even though it really seems unfair to have to go through so much pain (especially at such a young age!) the Lord is in charge, and He is building a beautiful person in you... one that will have so much empathy and charity for others, because you have been there. I hope some answers come soon.

Ralae said...

I read your blog often and find myself uplifted by your optimistic attitude. I enjoyed Easter Sunday especially this year. I'm so thankful for the risen Lord.

Kami Milliron said...

Bingo ! You're totally right. We can ask anyone and everyone around us, but the only person who knows the REAL ANSWER is the Lord. And sometimes He will give you that answer through prayer, but sometimes it will come through the scriptures. It's interesting how easily we lose focus of that knowledge when we need answers for things that might not be spiritual. For example : health problems. Sure, a Doctor might be able to tell you what's wrong and what to do, but the Lord is the only one who really knows.

Brooke Monsen said...

That's beautiful! I have those same days and when the light bulb go's back on i feel so hunble.

Blog Archive