6.14.2009

I Have A Favor To Ask

I've been trying not to think about the fact that my endometriosis has gotten worse these past couple of weeks. I'm having to lie down with a heating pad more often and am back to taking Tylenol multiple times a day. Obviously that's not the worst situation to be in, but it's a step backwards. Once my endometriosis starts growing back, it seems to be so aggressive and my pain level increases so quickly. Luckily it hasn't yet been as aggressive as I've feared, probably because of the acupuncture treatments I've been getting. I feel funny asking for people's prayers on my blog...but I need them. I don't have a good feeling about getting pregnant yet (which is really the only thing that gets rid of my endometriosis for more than a few months) because I've gotten some really strong answers lately that my body needs to be healthier before that happens. I'm just praying that I can have the energy that I need to continue exercising and taking care of myself. I don't want to wake up in pain every day like I did a few months ago, I don't want to not be able to walk my dogs or cook dinner, I don't want it to take 2 hours for me to build up the strength that I need to take a shower. Obviously if that's what needs to happen, I will deal with it, but I'm hoping that's not the case! I would really appreciate everyone's prayers! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

8 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

We will include you in our daily and nightly prayers : )

deirdre said...

endo doesn't really 'grow back' - you need an expert, who removes endo at the root, not just burn or laser the top - WHICH OFTEN CAUSES MORE PROBLEMS :(

the CEC is great, and if you get in touch with them, they do free records reviews

for anyone trying to become pregnant, nfp / napro doctors can help you chart, test hormones and use progesterone if needed

progesterone and diet can also help with some endo symptoms

centerforendo.com

naprotechnology.com - see surgery section

endometriosissurgeon.com

endoexcision.com

johnleemd.com

endo101.com

endo-resolved.com

erc.activboard.com/ google it if it doesn't come up

endometriosis.org/nutrition

makingbabies.com

omsoul.com

fertilitycare.org

deirdre said...

progesterone doesn't get rid of endo - it calms some of the symptoms - it's the hormone that goes up in pregnancy and nursing

so progesterone can help, but endo can be all over the place, on your bowels, in the cul-de-sac, on the sciatic nerve, the uterosacral ligaments - and it can get more invasive

you can get progesterone over the counter, paraben-free at a whole foods, or from a compounding pharmacy

google progesterone advisory network

and ask a pharmacist women's international pharmacy

deirdre said...

by the way, those 'rocky mountain oysters' might be filled with testosterone and might not be so good for women to eat ????

deirdre said...

i had horrible horrible stomach problems for years, it was the endo on my colon, i think, i had it excised

also, my colon was adhered to my uterus and ovary

no more! i couldn't drink coffee for years, i had IBS from my adhesions (from surgery, but also endo causes adhesions)

i can now drink coffee! amazing! i don't, because it's not good for the endo (it can come back or recur, but less likely if it's all removed in the first place)

but to be able to eat some things i couldn't before - priceless

deirdre said...

i see that you're taking probiotics - that's great - doctor ohirra (or, ohhira) has some great ones at vitacost.com - i chew them - or vitaminshoppe.com

also, digestive enzymes are amazing! that's something that has helped me, i use them especially when i take something like fish oil

raw veggies are better for you, if you can tolerate them, but leave them on the counter for a few hours to get to room temp

they have enzymes in them, cooking them destroys the enzymes for the most part, and leaving them in the fridge puts the enzymes to sleep in a sense - they get reactivated when they're at room temp

if you were put on the pill as a teen (NOT a good idea, it can actually cause more cysts) it means you might have pcos ??? and the weight gain too

a pcos diet can help, and supplements

http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/news38.html#sec1

i love andrew lessman's supplements on hsn believe it or not - no extra fillers or weird stuff

i take digestive enzymes at every meal, his 'digest assure' is amazing - read the reviews

there's a lot of help out there, keep looking for it

a lot of women with endo are going through what you are going through, including just being able to get out of the house

Lacey T said...

I will say a prayer for you- although I'm not sure how much it will help coming from me! I know how you feel. 4 months of Clomid hasn't done me any good and I'm looking at surgery AGAIN next month. AAH! I feel your pain-literally. I am going to look into some of the info Deirdre provided! I hope you feel better and get the answers you are looking for.

Bekah: said...

you are always in my prayers.

Blog Archive