
I could use about 3 words in this post & get the point across...but I'm kind of in a storytelling mood. Now let me start by bragging just a little bit. This is my third week of regular exercise (I'm walking 4 miles three times a week, doing pilates once a week, lifting weights and doing the Wii Fit once or twice a week...I haven't been able to do that stuff for years...until now!) and cutting way back on the amount of processed foods that I eat. I still need to get to where I'm eating all whole foods...but I'm getting there! I'm putting in the effort and being incredibly blessed as a result...I'm so grateful. I've realized that I can indulge in a Paradise Bakery chocolate chip cookie or some frozen yogurt every week or so, which is good. This morning I went to pick Lincoln up from work. When I got there I waited for awhile because someone had just come in whose life he needed to help save (the attempt was unfortunately not successful). I can't believe that Linc seeing people die isn't an abnormal thing anymore...it's so sad. Anyway, as I was sitting listening to the radio with our dogs and waiting for Linc (how is that for humbling...knowing Linc is trying to save someone's life & I'm sitting listening to the radio & playing with my dogs), I was thinking how hungry I was and found a Krispy Kreme gift card in my wallet that we had gotten when we had Jackson. (The great thing about those is that they don't expire. We also found out that if the store has recently opened & isn't set up to accept gift cards yet, they give you your donuts for free. Luckily the day their machine was down, we ordered 3 dozen...yes, 3 dozen donuts for free.) So this morning I talked Linc into getting a dozen donuts to take to my family to share. This was my BIG SPLURGE for making such huge lifestyle changes these last few weeks...I needed a reward for sure. I ate two donuts and quickly regretted it. I laid down because I didn't feel well, fell asleep for 5 hours and woke up at 3pm. I should have known...it looks like having a BIG SPLURGE once in awhile isn't going to work for me. It was fun while it lasted.
6.18.2009
Not A Good Idea
Posted by Hiatt Family at 4:47:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


4 comments:
Oh man I am so happy for you! That is just so awesome that you are able to finally do all of the things that you couldn't do for so long! What an accomplishment. YAY for Anjane'! Sorry about the Krisspy Kreams :( that is such a bummer!
Glad to know that was a gift that keeps on giving! Ha ha ha.
I HATE that about having a troublesome tummy!!! Things like that are just totally off the list for me anymore. I can't even eat a morsel of chocolate without my tummy SCREAMING at me. Some people just get to have all the fun :)
It's great that you've been able to do more exercise and be active lately. Will you do some exercise for me? I have hardly exercised since Kaylan was born and boy can I feel it. I've never been super fit but I have tried to do more than I'm doing now. I surprised myself and went on a 3 mile hike Saturday morning and that was great but my legs felt like jello the rest of the day.
Post a Comment