Lincoln's mom came down last night to help me out this weekend while Linc is working. We did TONS of organizing and got a lot done...it felt good! I have a lot to say about what has been going on. First of all, we decided on a name for our little girl...Kylee. We just tweaked her first name a little bit and are keeping her middle name. I also wanted to say a little bit about Kylee's birth mom. She is AMAZING. Because of her, I have witnessed a level of selflessness that I've never seen before. She is one of the most mature, gracious, loving people I have ever met. I wish you all could know her. You'd be better for it. Kylee's birth-grandma wanted to meet us, so today my mom, Linc's mom, Kylee and I met the birthmom and her mom at Sugar Bowl. The grandma is just as amazing as her daughter. The five of us laughed and cried and ate and talked and took pictures for 4 hours. The meeting couldn't have gone better. They kept thanking US for what we were doing for this little girl...shouldn't it have been the other way around? Incredible. On a funny note, here are Mom & I with our ice cream...we ordered the biggest thing on the menu and the people sitting next to us were laughing at us. It was delicious! 
As we were walking to our car together we saw this sign hanging in the window of one of the shops and all stopped to look at it...
That about sums it up. I've never been happier.
9.06.2009
Trip to Sugar Bowl
Posted by Hiatt Family at 1:33:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


4 comments:
SO GLAD to hear you say things like " life is good " I couldn't be happier for you and Lincoln. Things are falling into place. What a blessing. And how awesome that you and Kylee's birth Mom and Grandmother can all be close like that. It is very rare to see that.
This is all such an incredible blessing !
I am so excited for you. That is so neat you were able to get to know Kylee's birth mom!
What a blessing, and to have such great people to get to share it with. I am so happy for you guys.
I have a friend who gave her daughter up for adoption 14 years ago. Now to see the other side of the coin and to see you getting your little girl and the pure bliss and excitement it is in your life...it is a really cool thing.
Post a Comment