12.31.2009

Christmas!

Well, our Christmas pictures aren't great...now that my camera broke I have to use my phone to take pictures, and my phone was dead when we opened our presents... :(

Anyway, we left Snowflake on Christmas Eve and pulled into town at midnight. We headed over to my parents' house because Ashley & Shawn had just gotten in from Utah a few minutes before us, and everyone REALLY wanted to see Kylee. Of course Kylee woke up when we got there since everyone was going crazy over her. :) We were all hanging out at 1am (I promise we don't keep Kylee up that late normally!) and we had the idea to open all of our presents then, since we were all together anyway. Aaron was asleep on the couch so he would randomly tell us to be quiet & didn't want to wake up, but Shawn & Ashley, Megan, my parents, Linc & I and Kylee (Brad & Melissa were in Cali) celebrated Christmas together at 1am Christmas Day! Since the cruise was our present from "Santa", we each (besides Kylee) only had a couple gifts to unwrap, but it was a good Christmas! Kylee had 5 times as many gifts as anyone else, so she would open a few and then a few people would open one, and then we would let her open a few more. :) She got a really cool Learning Kitchen from Grandma & Grandpa that is awesome and is for ages 6 months-3 years, so she will be able to use it for a long time. I didn't think Kylee would be very interested in her presents, but she loved them! She loved the bright wrapping paper and was pulling the bows off & trying to pull the wrapping paper off...it was extremely fun to watch! :)

We went home and got in bed at 2am, then woke up to go to my Nana & Grandad's for their traditional Christmas breakfast. This was only the second time we've been able to go to it since Linc & I have been married, so it was fun! We hurried back to my parents' house for a breakfast with my mom's side of the family. It was fun to see everyone & I missed all of the cousins who weren't there. My Uncle Scott made a really neat video with pictures of my grandma (who died this past summer) and videos of all of us with my grandparents, plus pictures of all of the extended family. He stayed up all night making it, so that we could have it on Christmas. It was so, so nice of him.

This isn't a great picture, but it is the only one I have of myself on Christmas. I didn't get one of Linc...sorry! Kylee loved spending time with Uncle Shawn & Aunt Ashley! They thought she had changed SO much since they last saw her!

Ashley & Kylee...
Shawn introduced her to the football while we were there...
Aaron & Kylee cuddling... (People always comment on how much Kylee sticks her tongue out. It is pretty funny, but I'm so used to it, I don't even notice anymore!)
Kylee LOVES my dad's voice. LOVES IT. He was singing to her and she was just staring at him, completely mesmerized. It was adorable.
Shawn, Ashley & Aaron just left yesterday, so we've spent lots of time over at my parents' house this past week. One night we all played Family Feud on DVD. It was so fun. Kylee loves being part of the action! Here she is, front & center, just hanging out with all the adults and having a great time. :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS! We hope everyone had a great one!

No comments:

Blog Archive