12.08.2009

CRUISE!!!

*WARNING: AN EXTREME NUMBER OF PICTURES FROM THIS TRIP HAVE BEEN POSTED. YOU MAY EXPERIENCE HEADACHE OR NUMBNESS BY SITTING AND READING ALL ENTRIES.

On Thursday night my dad drove up to Kohl's Ranch with me, to meet Lincoln's parents there & drop off Kylee & the dogs. It was sad to leave my baby, but I was brave. :) My dad & I had a great talk on the way home...all about how blessed we are to have Kylee & how nobody could have planned things better than they have happened...and of course how much the Lord is blessing our family. I love my dad. I love that I can talk to him like I would a friend. I think he is a wise man.

Lincoln & I spent the night at my parents' house (even though they only live 2 miles away) so that we could leave bright & early the next day. I woke up feeling very excited & full of energy. For some reason nobody appreciated me singing "Smelly Cat" from Friends at the top of my lungs & trying to take pictures of them at 6am. I'm not sure why. :)

Lincoln hiding from me...
Megan trying to get ready & blocking the camera...
We then went to Melissa & Brad's to pick them up. Here are Mom & Dad ready for a fun trip!
Linc & I getting ready for the drive... little did he know that I would be no fun at all. I took a Bonine (which is like Dramamine) and it kicked in soon after we left, so I slept the WHOLE way. When I did wake up it was for about 2 minutes at a time, & it was to be really cranky to Lincoln & then to fall back asleep. For some reason, drowsy medications make me INCREDIBLY cranky. If I take Benadryl, I'm cranky for the next day and a half. I swear, it's true. (The Bonine was supposed to be non-drowsy.) Needless to say this was the first & last time I took it.
We arrived at the airport in Cali and drove around forever, waiting for Shawn & Ashley & Aaron to come out. About 30 minutes later someone realized that it is an hour earlier in California...ha ha. Once we were able to pick them up at the airport, we drove to get lunch. I kept apologizing to Lincoln for being cranky & said multiple times, "Let's just start our trip over." Then I'd say something rude and then want to "start the trip over" again. I eventually snapped out of it & started being nice. :) Apparently the drive there had been the worst drive of Linc's life...or so he says. Nobody was in the car with him except Crazy Anjane' on Bonine...poor guy. :)

5 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

How fun to do a cruise with your family!!! I thought it was hilarious that you started the trip off singing Smelly Cat. (I love any references to FRIENDS:) I'm also glad you referenced when Family Feud would be airing- I've been wondering! Trav and I have similar pictures in Ensenada. We did a cruise for our honeymoon on Royal Carribean. Dirty place, huh? One and only time I've been to Mexico. Didn't make me want to hurry back :)

Jana said...

So THAT'S where you've been! I totally forgot you were doing that! I'm so glad you got to go and had such a BLAST!

Team Allen said...

Anj!! I love this post I am reliving our cruise while I am back at work. If only we could go back :( For some reason I have been hungry every three hours..it's taking used to getting back to only three meals a day haha. Miss you guys!! I hope you got Kylee home safe. My phone died that is why I didn't text you back-just one more thing to make the airport NO FUN. talk to you soon :)

Team Allen said...

ps Shawn has been very concerned about poor Kylee who is stranded..let us know when she is home. can't wait to see her

Jennifer Larson said...

Thats not funny but I took similar meds on our honeymoon cruise and it did then same thing to me. I am not allowed to take it any more.

Blog Archive