Well, I decided that it was time that I attempt to sit at the computer and blog. I have a feeling I am going to regret it tomorrow since I ended up sitting on this hard chair, looking at everyone else's blogs, for much longer than I'd planned...but boy does it feel good to be out of bed! My recovery is going very well. As you can see in the picture below, I've just been hanging out with lots of pillows guarding my stomach and the dogs staying by my side at all times.
My surgery was pretty uneventful. It went quickly and smoothly. My doctor found hardly any endometriosis or scar tissue, which is good. Then of course she performed the hysterectomy. I woke up from surgery having a lot more pain than I thought I would have...and my stay at the hospital wasn't too comfortable...but since I've been home I've been good. I'm still taking painkillers & sleeping A LOT. I've had a lot of help, which I am so thankful for. Kylee spent a few days in Snowflake and came home last night. I sure did miss her! I'm already having a hard time not being able to hold her, but I'm just going to have to deal with that!
Lincoln has been waiting on me and spoiling me, going so far as to read my friends' blogs to me, until I got out of bed tonight to read them myself. :) I have not had ONE second of doubt or regret since having this surgery. When I saw the pictures from my surgery and saw the big empty space where my ovaries & uterus used to be...I was BEYOND HAPPY! I am so glad that those things are GONE FOREVER! As insensitive as that might sound, I was so ready for them to go. I am SO, SO, SO excited to have the opportunity to live a pain-free life very soon. I can tell that I will feel great, since the pain I'm having now is just from my surgery & different from the pain that I used to have. I have already started hormone replacement therapy and so far it has gone extremely well. I've had a few mild hot flashes, but that's about it! Let's hope that it stays that way! Now I've just got to take things slow and work on making a full recovery! Thanks again for everyone's thoughts & prayers. We really appreciate all of you!!!
Lincoln has been waiting on me and spoiling me, going so far as to read my friends' blogs to me, until I got out of bed tonight to read them myself. :) I have not had ONE second of doubt or regret since having this surgery. When I saw the pictures from my surgery and saw the big empty space where my ovaries & uterus used to be...I was BEYOND HAPPY! I am so glad that those things are GONE FOREVER! As insensitive as that might sound, I was so ready for them to go. I am SO, SO, SO excited to have the opportunity to live a pain-free life very soon. I can tell that I will feel great, since the pain I'm having now is just from my surgery & different from the pain that I used to have. I have already started hormone replacement therapy and so far it has gone extremely well. I've had a few mild hot flashes, but that's about it! Let's hope that it stays that way! Now I've just got to take things slow and work on making a full recovery! Thanks again for everyone's thoughts & prayers. We really appreciate all of you!!!


9 comments:
I'm so glad that things are going well with your recovery. I hope the pain eases up soon, and you are feeling good and able to hold your sweet little girl again before too long.
Oh, and congrats on your new nephew, what a little cutie!
So glad that it went well. Here's to a pain-free life! I hope you continue to recover!
I am so happy that everything went so well for you. I hope you start feeling better soon. I just wanted you to know that I've been thinking about you and hope that things get better really quick for you.
That is too funny your Husband read your friends blogs to you - what a good man ! I am SO happy to hear you're doing well the the surgery went perfectly. I don't think you sound insensitive at all when you say you're happy you had the surgery. I think anyone in your position would have done the same thing. I am proud of you and I feel like you made the right choice as well. I am EXCITED for you to feel GREAT very soon : )
Yea yea yea!! Sooo exited for you!! I cant wait to go play!!!!!!!!! That is so funny about Lincoln reading blogs to you!! what a great husband!!
Also Congratulations on being an Aunt AGAIN. HE is adorable!!!
It's good to hear that you're feeling well. I hope that it provides you with some much needed relief! I know about those hot flashes...I gave in and took Lupron. Which I'm already regretting!
I'm so happy to hear that things are going well! I have been thinking about you.
SOOO excited about your NEW life you're starting!! So weird that that whole part of your life will be done!!! Yay!! (Could I possibly use any more exclamation points?) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you Anjane! I hope you recover fast and everything goes good! I am really excited for you. I hope you can be pain free from here on out (well in 5 weeks:))! You are a great person and deserve a normal life (at least as "normal" as anyone) Your daughter is adorable. It is fun to see all the pics of here. Congrats on the surgery!
Post a Comment