6.16.2010

Trials

Back in April, CJane had "Men's Week". During this week, she asked a different man to blog each day about a trial that he had supported his wife through. There were 5 posts: life with a newborn, losing a baby, adoption, infertility, and childbirth. At the end of the week I realized that Lincoln & I had experienced ALL 5 of these trials. It was an eye-opening realization.

I am so thankful for the things that we have been through during our 6 years of marriage. These things have shaped us. They are part of who we are...individually & as a couple. I know that trials make us stronger. I know that life is sweeter when we've gone through really hard things. I know that Heavenly Father knows EXACTLY what we need, and that He gives us trials not just to test us, but to teach us and to make us better. I am overcome with gratitude when I think about what He has done for us.

I am so relieved that I don't have to plan my life by myself. I'm glad that the Lord is in charge. I feel SO loved because of the help He has given me during my trials.

I had my final post-op appointment today. My doctor gave me the go-ahead to do whatever I want to do. She told me she would see me next year. This trial is over. I am still giddy about it. :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! Oh I am so happy for you! You are right - not many people can say they have been through all of those. You are amazing and I am so happy for you!

Kami Milliron said...

I got chills when you said " the trial is over " WOW, what an amazing thing ! And it's so true, the Lord gives us these experiences for a reason and they do shape who we are. You are such a compassionate person and I know you are the way you are because of your experiences. You value things more. You cherish Kylee so much because you have tasted the bitterness of having to let go of a child. I feel the same way.

You are a pretty amazing person and I am so thankful to have you as a friend : )

Jana said...

NEXT YEAR!! No more doctors appointments all the time! And you can do whatever you want to do...your new life really is starting!!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Seriously a new beginning :) I'm so happy for you and I really do want to do things ;) I'm not going to stop asking or inviting unless you tell me to! I kinda like you so there! ha ha
Thanks for the butter!
I need to catch up on blogs! I'm so behind.. so don't mind my million comments to come ok? :)
ps, CHILLS when you said the trial is over.. what a relief for you and a such happiness for me and it's not even my trial to have lifted! :) I'm just so happy For YOU!!

Blog Archive