7.06.2010

Nixen's Blessing


Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Nixen on his blessing day. However, I did get one of Kylee & I in front of the church building that he was blessed in. This church building has special meaning to our family...it is where we found Kylee (via Melissa). It is also where Breonna (Kylee's birth mom) went to church while pregnant with Kylee. I know that there were things said & preached in this building that helped Breonna & Ryan come to the decision to give Kylee up for adoption.

I actually didn't even realize that Nixen's blessing was taking place in the building where all of this happened, until my sister-in-law mentioned it to me after we got there. Funny how I'd never really thought about it! The blessing was beautiful & Nixen looked so handsome. We had to leave town right after the blessing, but were grateful to witness it & to feel the spirit that was present there.

As I sat & listened to Nixen's blessing, I felt Jackson near. I felt so much peace. I was reminded of our journey with Jackson & Kylee and knew that things have worked out exactly how they were supposed to. I felt SO much gratitude for Nixen & for the fact that he made it here safely to Melissa & Brad. We love you Nixen & are so happy that you are in our family!


No comments:

Blog Archive