8.10.2010

Kylee's 1-Year Appointment

Kylee had her one-year well-check appointment yesterday. She has really grown up lately. She is definitely moving out of the "baby stage"! She is close to walking, but hasn't quite gotten the courage to do it all by herself yet...I'm sure she will soon!

Kylee has a new obsession with birds & airplanes. She also loves anything girly...she is constantly putting necklaces on herself and today she grabbed my mascara & started rubbing it on her face. I can't believe the things she is already picking up on! She is extremely observant...which means my days of watching 24 and Friends with her are slowly coming to an end!

Here's Kylee after we gave her macaroni & cheese for the first time...
Notice the piece of macaroni stuck to Kylee's nose & her hair sticking up in the back. She LOVES to rub her food in her hair, which makes for a fun cleanup after every meal! :)

Kylee also loves to CLIMB...
She loves to go to Target with me.
(Her favorite color is red, so Target is like heaven for her!)
Bath time is her FAVORITE! Sometimes we just stick her in there to give ourselves a few minutes to breathe. :)
Kylee has become great friends with the dogs lately, especially Daisy. She's a champ at talking & says Daisy's name constantly. She can say "Daisy Duke" too, and the other day said "Hi Daisy!" when Daisy jumped up on the couch beside her. She likes trying to eat the dogs' food too. When I take the dog food away from Kylee, she licks the crumbs off her hands as fast as she can, because she knows I am going to wash them off. It's so gross. :) She's such a crazy, silly, adorable little girl!

Here's her 1-year stats:
Height: 30 inches (73rd percentile)
Weight: 22lbs 2oz (63rd percentile)
Head: 18 1/4 inches (81st percentile)
I think her head is so big because of all of those new words she has learned lately! :)

P.S. I just read over this post...and it sounds like such a typical mom brag post. (MY baby can say so many words!) Oh well! The other day I thought about how cool it is to see little pairs of shoes laying around our house, and to have my purse full of Gerber snacks & toys. I'm so thankful to have a baby to brag about! :)

5 comments:

Burky's said...

What a doll! She sounds like she keeps you laughing and on your toes:) so fun!

Jen West said...

Holy cow! I have really gotten behind with what you guys are doing. Kylee is as beautiful as ever and happy #1 to her... and yes, she is a genius! Medical school sounds amazing. I really hope you guys get in this year! Best wishes!

Tiffany Matthews said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. She is so dang cute I am so happy for your family that you have her. It is fun being a mom most of the time.

Aubree said...

So good to see all is well at the Hiatt household! Moving to Mexico for a few years would be awesome. And that little Kylee is a doll.

Jana said...

Blake's favorite color is red too!!
Blogs are totally for bragging about your kids. Good job with that. And I've told you before, Kylee really IS smart for her age!!

Blog Archive