Jackson's 4th birthday is on Monday. I'm feeling sad about it. It just hit me today. I'm not sure why, but I couldn't stop thinking about him all morning. I really have only done that a few times in the past few years, so it surprised me.
I've been home with Kylee & my niece Claire for the past 4 days, while the boys have been at school. Claire is 2 1/2 months older than Jackson would be. I actually have two nephews that age too. It never bothers me; I really enjoy seeing what those 3 are doing and how they are growing. Even from the time we lost Jackson, I found comfort in knowing that I could be involved in the lives of my niece & nephews who were the same age as he would be. With that being said, taking care of Kylee this week, alongside a child who is Jackson's age, has kind of given me a little glimpse of how it would be if he was here with us.
As I was thinking about all of this today, I had a really sweet experience. I felt such a neat spirit and felt Jackson close by. I felt like I got a lot of questions answered. I don't have those experiences as often as I used to, so it was so nice to feel that again. Even when I miss Jackson, I am 100% sure that things are the way that they are supposed to be. The only reason I feel sad is because I miss him so much. I know having him die before I was able to spend a day with him was part of the Lord's plan for him, as well as His plan for our family.
I've also been thinking a lot about mothering lately, especially with taking care of 4 kids this week. I know that mothering is a lot more than fixing meals and doing laundry. I know that motherhood is a sacred calling and that it is truly the most important thing that we can devote our lives to. And I know that women who don't have children can still make a HUGE difference in a child's life.
This will most likely be the only week of my life that I will be able to call myself a mother of 4. And that is how it should be. Every family is different and every mother is needed to fill a specific role in their children's lives. I'm so thankful for Kylee & for the role that I am able to play in her life. And I'm so thankful for Jackson & for the bond that I am able to have with him, even though he isn't here on earth with me.
I have a plaque in my home that says, "Because someone we love is in heaven, we feel heaven in our home." That is so true for us. Lincoln & I appreciate Jackson, because he really does bring a little bit of heaven to our home. I miss Jackson terribly today, but I wouldn't have things any other way. He is where he should be, we are where we should be, and we will all be together in the end. I really do believe in happy endings, and until we get ours, I'll enjoy all the sweet experiences that I can get. I sure had a sweet one today.


3 comments:
Oh Anjane, I love your perspective on things. It is so uplifting to me. Thank you for your example. Love you!!
Anjane you are seriously so AMAZING! I look up to you so much and want you to know what an incredible example you are to me. Jackson and Kilee are so lucky to have you for a Mom :)
I know how you feel. Someone told me after Emily that she was to perfect to be here on the earth that she came and got what she needed and that was a body So your little perfect man got what he needed to. Now we can just think of all the cool things they are getting to do. I feel her little spirit with me sometimes and it makes me feel better. You are a great mommy and you are playing mommy to 4 kids this week but don;t forget you are always a mommy of two great little ones. I hope you have a good day.
Post a Comment