I broke my toe today. At least I think I did. Well, I can't imagine my toe feeling much worse than it does. It reminded me of the day I broke my arm. I broke my arm on the playground in 1st grade. I'm so stubborn, I took a spelling test right after (writing with my broken arm) and when the teacher asked me why my handwriting was so shaky I told her I didn't know. It took three days before anyone realized that I'd broken 2 bones in my arm.
(Lincoln saw the whole thing.)
Totally fine right after, then a minute later bent over my toe saying, "Oh gosh it hurts."
Then laughing & saying, "Oh well. I'm sure I'm fine. It's just my toe."
Then..."Oh I'm not trying to be dramatic, but I really feel like I'm going to throw up."
"Ha ha, I'm ok. It's probably nothing."
"Now I'm kind of dizzy. Is that even possible? It's just a toe!"
"It's not a huge deal. I'll just sit here for a minute."
"Um, there's no way I could have broken it right?"
Which led to me laying in bed with my husband bringing me Ibuprofen & telling me that no matter how much I want to go to church, I can't go if I can't walk.
Which led me to saying "No, I can walk on it. See? Oh never mind!" a few different times.
If you're wondering, the whole reason why I told my broken arm story was to remind myself that broken bones really do hurt. Even if it is just your little toe. And to remind myself of the fact that acting like I'm not hurt doesn't really help anything. So I'm breaking that streak & announcing to the whole blogging world...
I THINK I BROKE MY LITTLE TOE.
I feel better already. :)
P.S. I would post a picture of my toe, but I think feet are gross. And my little toes are kind of funny-looking to begin with, so you aren't missing out. I promise.
P.S. I would post a picture of my toe, but I think feet are gross. And my little toes are kind of funny-looking to begin with, so you aren't missing out. I promise.


3 comments:
How funny, I did the same thing 2 months ago. Jason told me to go in to see if it was broken and I didn't because I thought it was fine and then ended up going to the chiropractor to get adjusted and he told me it was. So even though it hurt really bad and I walked funny for a while, I still down played it. I thought the same thing, It's just a little toe.
I hope it feels better soon and heals fast for you!!!
Aw, so sorry friend. Can I bring you a little treat ?
So what happened....did you get a cast???? :) Does it still hurt?
Hey, are you out of town today? I finally go to church after a month and don't see you there!
I hope your curse goes away soon...
And also, Kylee is such a smartie! (I'm commenting on the like 6 posts that I hadn't read yet since the computer wasn't by the couch anymore). She is so grown up and advanced, the way she talks on the phone and can say words and stuff! She's so cute. :)
Post a Comment