11.04.2010

Kylee 15 Months

Well, Kylee had her 15 month appointment a few days ago. She is still at an average weight, and her height & the size of her head are still above average. She threw an absolute fit when the nurse tried to measure & weigh her. She is getting multiple teeth right now & is super emotional & cranky, so hopefully she will get a break from teething soon & be back to her easy, happy self. 

I have been so impressed with Kylee though. Her speech is off-the-charts & I'm starting to realize that it probably has nothing to do with us. Her doctor said she is at a 2-year-old's level. I guess the average 15-month-old should know 3-6 words, and Kylee knows 30 or 40 words, and knows what they all mean. She can also put two words together at a time & can communicate really well with me, telling me when she wants more of something or what she wants to watch ("Pooh!). We love it. It makes our job as parents a lot easier! 

A few more examples:
When she gets up in the morning, I ask Kylee if she said "hi" to Daisy yet...so Kylee turns to her & says "HI DAISY!" in the clearest, cutest voice. 

My mom asked her the other day, "Guess what?" And Kylee said, "What?!"

When she wakes up in the morning, or after her nap, she sits in her crib & usually just talks to her stuffed animals & plays with them, until I come get her. I've peeked through the crack in the door many times to see her tickling her animals' toes. The cutest part is that she says "Tickle, tickle, tickle!" while she is doing it.

I am also LOVING the fact that Kylee can walk now. That is making my job a lot easier too! She has learned to blow her nose & to bow her head for prayer. She is obsessed with swinging at the park & says "Wee!!!" every time we drive by one. 

Here she is sporting her sunglasses...
We go walking every morning with some girls in the ward. Last week it was chilly enough outside that we got to bundle her up in her new winter gear!
She still loves to read...
Kylee, you are seriously the light of our lives! Thank you for finding us & for being a part of our family!!!

6 comments:

Cleona said...

I am so glad you post about all of those liitle things that she does. She is so smart and stinkin cute. Even though we never get to see her at least we can enjoy reading about her.

Burky's said...

She is such a doll and so stinking smart! I love how she was playing with Levi at the park with her cute cute giggle!

The Crider Clan said...

she is precious!!!! Don't under-estimate your role in helping her be smart! She obviously has a good brain, but with no one to help her learn how to use it...where would she be? You two are great parents! She is growing up so fast...just like my kids always do!

Heather said...

Seriously, she knows like a bazillion more words than Cason! lol good girl Kylie :)

Velika said...

I am in awe of her speach! At Jeffrey's 18 month appointment he had 4 or 5 words and he wasn't putting 2 words together until after his 2nd b-day. Good for her! (And for you :)

Jana said...

Holy cow, are you kidding me? 30 or more words!??? I'm thinking Blake is right on schedule...he'll be 15 months in a few days, and he kind of knows a few words. He's good at pointing and yelling, though!!

Blog Archive