We had a family Christmas party tonight with my mom's side of the family. Someone had the genius idea of having a Bring-Your-Own-Pizza dinner & bringing soda or dessert to share. This party was so low-key and a lot of fun! I honestly think this was the 4th day in a row that Kylee & I have eaten pizza, but we didn't mind. :)
(Seriously, this whole eating-fast-food-for-almost-every-meal-because-my-dishes-are-packed-and-we-are-crazy-busy thing is probably going to catch up to me soon!)
(Seriously, this whole eating-fast-food-for-almost-every-meal-because-my-dishes-are-packed-and-we-are-crazy-busy thing is probably going to catch up to me soon!)
Kylee sitting at a "big kids' table" enjoying her pizza...
After dinner, the kids acted out the nativity story. Kylee played the part of an angel...
Nixen played the part of a shepherd & had a paper towel roll for a staff. It was cute. :)
Kylee was very happy to have "Baby Nixen" in the nativity with her...
After that, the kids dressed up in Santa hats & fake beards & sang Christmas songs for us. Kylee looked hilarious in her beard, but wouldn't let me leave it on her long enough to take a picture.
Kylee had a little biting episode at the party that I'd rather not talk about! I really don't like being the mom who has to tell the other moms that my daughter bit their child. Hopefully I won't have to do that too many more times. :)
I really enjoyed spending time with Kylee tonight. She's definitely been put on the back burner since I've been packing up to move, so it felt good to be able to spend some quality time with her!
We had a great time spending time with family & missed my mom (who was sick) & Lincoln (who was working). I had to say goodbye to most of my cousins & aunts & uncles, which was sad. Saying goodbye isn't fun. But at least I know that I will be able to see everyone this summer when we come to visit. I just keep reminding myself of that. :)
P.S. I will also miss eating my Aunt Tricia's chocolate chip cookies. They are heavenly & I definitely enjoyed pigging out on them one last time!
P.S. I will also miss eating my Aunt Tricia's chocolate chip cookies. They are heavenly & I definitely enjoyed pigging out on them one last time!
Also...If you are my friend on Facebook, you probably know that I ran my truck into a pole tonight. Yup, it happened when we got home from the party & pulled into our parking space. We have an old, beat-up camper shell on the back of our truck that we are using to move. It is kind of hard to see through when you're backing up. Well, I pulled halfway into my parking space & was so focused on not hitting anything behind me, that I wasn't paying as much attention to what was in front of me & I hit the pole when I pulled forward. Don't worry...three of my neighbors heard the "crunch" & ran out of their houses to see if I was ok. Awesome. Luckily I didn't cry until I got in the house. :) Lincoln just laughed when I told him what had happened. Now that he is home & has seen the damage up close, he's not laughing anymore. Blah.







3 comments:
Ok, Kylee is the cutest angel I've ever seen! I swear she gets cuter every day! I'm so sad I missed the party but glad everyone had a great time. Love you guys!
Where's the smashed truck picture?
Everything always hits at once. That is my experience. We love you guys and really wish we could be there to say goodbye in person. Have a Merry Christmas and safe trip to your new home far away.
Post a Comment