Kylee hit the 16-month mark at the end of November. I think she is starting to look a lot more like a little girl now, rather than a baby. I always heard that it was crazy how fast your kids grow up, but I never really understood until recently! Time really does seem to go by more quickly as a parent.
Kylee has learned a lot this past month. She knows how to say some new words, including the phrase, "What is that?" I thought she had said it a few times, but decided I was just imagining things, until multiple people told me that Kylee had asked them that as well. She uses it in the right context too...it's kind of crazy.
She loves copying sounds, especially cars, motorcycles & ambulances. She is really afraid of the garbage truck. She has started trying to say "Thank you" but leaves off the "k" & the "you" ("Than!"). Her favorite food right now is bananas (she asks for one at least twice a day) and she is in love with the "Pillow Pets" commercial. Kylee has discovered how to run & jump and injures herself a lot more now. :) She loves music, & she dances on command, she brings books to me during the day & asks me to read to her, and she likes sitting on Lincoln's shoulders & rubbing his short hair.
Kylee blows on her food when it is hot (& blows on the fire in my parents' fireplace), says "Cold!" whenever she is cold or when she sees water outside, and tries to copy the "BRRR!" sound I make with my lips when I am cold. When I change her diaper, she waves her hand in front of her nose & makes a sound, letting me know that it smells. She also does this when she lets out a burp (or anything else)...it is hilarious. Since Kylee was about 10 months old, she has been going to nursery with Linc & I every Sunday, because we are nursery workers. Kylee loves playing with the older kids & loves the fact that she can play with toys & eat snacks during church! It used to be so obvious that she was a lot younger than the nursery kids, but now she is starting to blend in with them & does pretty much everything that they do. It's awesome!
We've also started implementing "time out" & it seems to be working so far. I do have to hold Kylee there because she isn't old enough to stay there herself, but she understands that she has done something wrong & is good about saying sorry to whoever she hurt or upset. We'll see if it works...she is such a good girl but has a problem attacking other kids sometimes. :)
Now that I've written almost every detail of what Kylee is doing at this stage of her life, here are some pictures from the past few weeks.
Kylee FINALLY has enough hair to put in pigtails!!!
She also loves digging in the trash can! I usually have to stick it in the bathroom, so she can't get into it.
Eating pizza at Grandma & Grandpa's house...
Oreo cookies are one of her favorite desserts...
This picture shows off her mullet too. :)
She gets SO excited when Daddy lets her pretend to drive the truck!
This picture cracks me up...we may have a future blogger on our hands!
Kylee is OBSESSED with shoes. She brings me fancy church shoes to put on her during the day. This time she wanted to wear her pink & white Sunday shoes with her thermal pajamas. Cute huh?
Lincoln was cleaning & packing while I was gone one day, & he gave Kylee some stickers to entertain herself with. It worked!
Kylee loves having Linc home on the weekends. Every Monday, when Lincoln goes back to school & work, Kylee asks me multiple times that day where Daddy is. She sure does adore him! Maybe because he lets her do whatever she wants to him...like stacking books on his stomach & sitting on his head!
Kylee is a girl with a strong will (which I keep telling myself can be a really good thing!) and is so affectionate, funny & friendly toward those around her. We love you Kylee!










3 comments:
Lincoln is a reat dad! He reminds me of Kenny with our kids. What a smart girl. She has a great mother to teach her I guess.
I loved reading your post. She is such a doll and I have loved seeing her grow so fast in the last few months even! Good luck with everything you guys are doing right now! Let us know if you need anything!
I can't get over how smart she is! All those words and sounds and communicating she does...it's amazing!
That picture of her sitting on Lincoln's head is hilarious and ADORABLE!!!
Post a Comment