Kylee has been really sick since Saturday. Yesterday, her neck was so stiff she could hardly move it. Then today, she could barely move her neck or back. She has had a high fever the entire time. I was starting to get worried. I sat with her all day yesterday & today. She would hardly let me touch her. Poor girl.
Lincoln starts a class in 2 weeks that involves spending 4 hours a week taking care of patients. Each student chooses from a list where they would like to volunteer for the semester. Linc remembered that there was a place on UAG campus on that list, so we took Kylee there. The doctor there was SO nice. I even understood about half of what he said! :) Kylee ended up having a bad infection in her throat. The doctor wrote a few prescriptions for her, then informed us that the office we were at only treats school faculty, students & their families...and that it is FREE. Seriously? I couldn't believe that we hadn't heard about it. And it doesn't seem like many other students really know about it. I was beyond happy! The school doesn't offer medical insurance, so this was a really big deal.
We also found a house last week that we really like. We actually put a deposit down on it. We had looked at one other house, but the price was too high. Well, we got a call from the owner of the first house, saying that he was willing to go down quite a bit in price. And Linc's cousin's landlady came over tonight & told us that she has a house for rent that she wants us to look at. All of the houses are in a coto, which is a guarded, gated neighborhood. They are very safe. Lincoln's cousin lives in a coto and we love it. I walk the dogs by myself at night & feel safer here than I did in Arizona.
So anyway, we are being very blessed. We have Thomas & Jenn here, who cook for us and keep us company and help us adjust to life in Mexico. We have an awesome doctor to go to, who provides free medical care for us. We have too many houses to choose from for the right price. We have a sweet child & I am healthy & Lincoln is in medical school. I told Lincoln a few weeks ago that sometimes I honestly wonder if I'm in a dream & I'm going to wake up...and be in excruciating pain on a daily basis from endometriosis & not have Kylee. Because sometimes my life seems too good to be true. I mean, sure I have a bad day once in awhile, like anyone else, but overall I feel so honored that this life is mine. We are SO blessed!!!


6 comments:
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohappy for you!!!!! Horray for a normal life! we totally miss you guys. You should move over here when Linc is done! We need more good dr's.
I miss you! When are we going to talk? I almost called you today but then remembered I couldn't. It was sad.
Oh but I am glad you are happy :)
Wow! I'm so happy you found that doctor - what a miracle! Everything sounds like it's working out so well. I'm excited for you guys :)
I am loving reading about all your adventures. WOW! I cannot even imagine being that far away and adjusting. At least when we moved away for school everyone around us spoke english. Although those tacos and the bakery sound divine!
I am so glad you've been so blessed. I am so glad you blog. And I think your attitude is amazing! Tell Lincoln hi!
Oh thats so awesome you guys deserve it. Wahoo!
Post a Comment