Well, we are finally in Zapopan, which is just outside of Guadalajara. The trip was long and we are exhausted. Kylee got sick a few days before we left with the same thing Linc had on Christmas. Packing up and traveling with a sick baby hasn't been the easiest...but at least I could drug Kylee with Benadryl and not feel bad about it. She slept quite a bit during the three-day trip, which was nice. :) I'm not feeling great myself, but I'm not sick the way Lincoln & Kylee have been, thank goodness.
Lincoln starts school on Monday. We are so thankful to Thomas (Linc's cousin who is in medical school here), his wife Jenn, and their four kids for letting us stay with them. I'm not sure what we would do if we didn't have them here to help us. We are hoping to find a place to rent in the next two days, before Lincoln starts school and his life gets crazy again. Right now finding a place to live is my biggest worry. I am pretty desperate to find the place that we will call home while we are here. We are hoping and praying that it won't be hard to find.
I have tons of pictures from the holidays and some from our trip through Mexico that I need to post. I'll have to wait until we find a home and get our computer hooked up though, so you might have to put up with a few more posts without pictures until then.
I'll leave you with a few things I've learned since arriving in Mexico:
The tacos here are DELICIOUS. So is the yogurt. Jenn asked me if I was on a special diet that included a lot of yogurt. That's how much I've eaten since we got here. :)
Drivers in Mexico are INSANE.
I understand Spanish better than I thought I did.
The weather here really is amazing. It was 76 degrees when we arrived yesterday at 5pm. Awesome.


1 comment:
So glad you are safe and sound. I hope Linc's first week of school goes great and that you are able to get settled in a new home for you guys. I feel bad for Kylee, I think it's miserable for little ones to be sick they just don't understand and can't really tell us what's wrong. We love you guys and miss you. Can't wait to see pictures of your trip, and new abode.
Post a Comment