1.25.2011

Home Sweet Home

We've made the final decision on our new home! We actually really loved the style of the first house that we looked at (such a cute little Mexican home), the layout of the second house (big upstairs & a circular layout downstairs, where the dogs & Kylee can run in circles all they want), and the community playground of the third house (huge, gorgeous park is more like it)...but we could only choose one, of course. Do you want to guess which one we went with? That's right...STYLE! 

This is the house that was originally out of our price range, but now is cheaper than the house we put a deposit on. We are pretty excited about it. It is a cute little Mexican-style house (that is the only way I know how to describe it) with 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, a wing off of the master bedroom with a desk where Lincoln can study, plus a maid's quarters (another small room with a bathroom off of it). The only thing we really don't like about this house is that it doesn't have grass. The little backyard is all tile...but it is cute & seems like a fun little hang-out spot, where we can sit outside and enjoy the nice weather. So we will just have to deal with taking the dogs out for a walk multiple times a day, like we did in AZ.

(Also, after seeing the bright blue dolphins on the shower door & the angel with the sword on the front door of house #3, plus realizing that house #2's water heater could give us carbon monoxide poisoning, we figured that house #1 would be our best bet. :) )

We went back to our soon-to-be home tonight to work out some details (this was the 3rd time we've been there) & it was even cuter than I remembered. It actually felt like home. I am so glad that we will finally have a place here to call our own. Even though we don't have any appliances, furniture, bedding, dishes, etc. just being together will be enough...at least for the first day or so. I'm sure the novelty will wear off pretty quickly if we don't at least get a refrigerator & bed. :) 

I'm so thankful that we are receiving so many blessings. Last night I was up until 2am & couldn't sleep, just feeling so anxious about everything. Then, when I was reading my scriptures today, I just happened to be in 3 Nephi, chapter 13, which ends with this:

"Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself."

If I could live by that scripture, I would be a much happier person. It's funny how I look all around me for answers & EVERY single time I end up finding answers that actually help me, I find them in the scriptures or through prayer. I love the gospel. And I love our new home!!!

(I'll post pictures when we move in!)

6 comments:

Cleona said...

I can't wait to see pictures. Sounds like you are having the time of your life.

The Crider Clan said...

So happy for you! Thanks for the reminder to trust in the Lord! I don't know why that is so difficult to remember for me too, but I truly know that Heavenly Father is watching us and helping us on our journey.

tricia said...

I'm so happy you found a house!! It will be so fun to see the pictures. I love reading your blog and looking at all your pictures. I sure miss you!! Much love to you and your cute family!!

Kami Milliron said...

SO HAPPY to hear all is going well ! I am excited to see pictures of your new home : ) And what a tender mercy that you read that Scripture last night. It was meant for you !

Holly said...

That's exciting. And yes I can't wait to see pictures. Still waiting to see a picture of the back of the truck though. I'm sure things will work out so that you can get the basics you need for the house but beyond that it's just more stuff to clean so enjoy the austere (simple) lifestyle. I had a very similar experience with that scripture many years ago. So many worries and things on my mind that I couldn't sleep. Then I read that scripture and a light bulb went on I felt peace. Thanks for the reminder because I've forgotten that lately. Thanks for the updates. We love you guys.

The Talley Family said...

I can't wait to see pictures!

Blog Archive