3.19.2011

Sick

Well, this past week hasn't been very fun. A week ago, Linc came down with a sore throat, cough, congestion, headache, body aches, plus extremely red and itchy eyes. He looked pretty terrible. He missed two days of school and was trying to study for his biochem test while feeling miserable...poor guy.

Kylee loved having her Daddy home though, and even helped him play games on the iPad...
On Thursday night, I ended up getting sick as well. Friday was kind of rough. I tried to keep Kylee entertained by putting stickers all over her, while I sat around in my pj's all day...
As soon as Linc got home, we headed to the doctor. I've mentioned before that we receive free medical care through a doctor at Lincoln's school. What a blessing that is! I was very proud of myself for spelling my name & giving my age & birthdate to the doctor, all in Spanish. :) The funny thing about the doctors here is that they don't really tell you exactly what you have...they just prescribe you a ton of meds for whatever it is. I do know that I have white spots on my tonsils, so obviously it is some sort of infection. 

After spending almost $100 on 6 prescriptions between both Lincoln & I, we are hoping that Kylee doesn't get sick too. Lincoln still has a cough, but is feeling much better. I was absolutely miserable last night, with the worst chills I've ever had in my life. I had on four layers of clothes, plus two blankets & had my blow dryer on under the blankets...and I was still so cold that my teeth were chattering. Today has been better, but I'm still pretty much flat in bed.

Thank goodness I have the best dogs in the world. I forgot how awesome Daisy & Duke are when I'm sick. They know that something is wrong & never leave my side. It is the cutest thing ever.

Lincoln has Monday off of school to celebrate Benito Juarez's birthday. I'm not going to lie, I had no idea who he was until I looked it up on Wikipedia while writing this post. He served 5 terms as the president of Mexico & has his face on the 20 pesos bill...
 That's really all I know. But I'm glad that they recognize his birthday as a holiday, so that Linc has an extra day off school! :)

I even managed to find a picture that I took of Linc standing in front of a statue of Benito Juarez's head, in Ensenada in 2009. Coincidence? I don't think so. :)
Linc has a huge test on Tuesday that only 15 of 200 students passed last semester. Yikes! Here's to hoping that my meds start working soon, so that Lincoln can resume his role as medical student, instead of having to worry about watching Kylee (who is teething), cooking & cleaning as well.

4 comments:

Verenice said...

Oh man. You sound really sick! That totally stinks. It is never fun when the mom gets sick. Things are never done the same. Hope you feel better soon so that we can do something.

Verenice said...

Oh, by the way, every time I read your blog, I want to seriously copy and paste it onto mine and say ditto. Hope you don't catch me doing that someday. Just kidding, I would never...or would I??

Emily Weber said...

Bummer that your sick. Hope Kylee stays healthy! And I hope you and Linc start feeling better soon!

Andrea Gunnell said...

I'm so sorry you got so sick. Hopefully you're over it by now. Sounds like maybe you had strep throat? No fun!

Blog Archive