A few months ago, Bro. Herrerra (from our ward) invited us & the Powell's to go to Chapala with him sometime. Well, we finally took him up on his offer & went today. It was an hour drive & was such a fun place to spend the day!
With Brother & Sister Herrerra when we first arrived...
Lake Chapala is HUGE. There was a pier that we walked out onto that looked out over the water & had paintings of the history of the town...
Kylee looking at the lake...
They offer boat rides there that tour the lake...
Our boat was named "Wendy"...
Group picture:
Our driver, the Powell's & the Herrera's...
Enjoying the wind blowing through our hair :) ...
Kylee was a little scared, so she sat on my lap & cuddled with me for most of the ride. I loved it!
We went around an island that had this big cross on it. It reminded me of Nacho Libre. Ha ha.
There was a restaurant on the island, and also little houses where the fishermen live during part of the year...
Kylee pointing to something in the water...
I LOVE this picture...
After the boat ride, we walked to a seafood restaurant to eat lunch. Verenice & I saw this "statue". When we realized that he was real, we had to take a picture with him...
Elijah & Kylee playing on the playground inside the restaurant...
Kylee learned how to walk up the slide by herself. We were actually proud of her, since she usually never goes on play equipment without Linc or I....
Our yummy lunch: Cheese, shrimp, pepper, onion & octopus in tortillas. Do you see the little suctions on the octopus tentacle? :)
After lunch, we ended our trip with some really good nieve. As we were walking up to our truck, I saw these two boys wrestling in the street. This kid was trying to blindfold the other one & wrestle him to the ground (joking, of course) & gave me a big smile when he realized that I was taking his picture...
When we took the Herrera's home, they informed us that a drug cartel member had been executed on the corner of their street a few days ago. The house across the street from them was boarded up by the government because it was a drug trafficker's house. Awesome.


















3 comments:
Holy Moly, you put me to shame with the blogging. You are SO good at it. I laughed out loud of Daisy in the planter. Honestly, since pet sitting for you, she really grew on me. And, I need to get you the pictures I took too.
OH...you love the shootings in Mexico. It's all part of this adventure right?! I seriously started laughing when I read that. And love the bit on Nacho! I FREAKIN love that movie. Any time I need a good laugh...I throw it on. Where have you been lady?? When are we gonna play games again??
I love the picture of kylee and lincoln together. So cute.
Post a Comment