8.20.2011

Flying Back to Mexico

We flew back to Mexico last Thursday. This time it was just Kylee & I, which proved to be interesting. We were being cheap & took all carry-on luggage, which proved to be a problem on the way home. I was carrying two carry-on suitcases, a duffel bag, a backpack & two of Kylee's stuffed animals...plus trying to get Kylee to our gate in time. All I can say, is THANK GOODNESS for wonderful strangers who helped me out! The man standing behind me helped me at the security checkpoint. A lady left her gate & walked me to mine while helping me carry all of my stuff. A couple carried all of my luggage onto the plane & put it in the overhead compartments, then waited until everyone got off the plane when we landed & carried my luggage to customs. An airline worker carried Kylee through the first customs line for me. Another airline worker helped me move my bags through the second customs line, & showed me how to stack my luggage so I would have a free hand to help Kylee. :) There were 2 more people who helped me, who I can't remember now... but that day I counted 9 people who voluntarily went out of their way to help me. It really was amazing & made me feel so thankful for kind people who think of others. I definitely learned my lesson & will be checking my bags the next time we fly though!

Anyway, I brought fun treats & new toys, & amp;anything else that I could think of, to keep Kylee entertained. She still threw a few tantrums, but I survived. :) This was Kylee's first trip on an airplane & she loved it. When the plane took off she'd say "Zoom!" and loved to look out the window at the clouds while we were in the air.

I asked her to smile & she showed me her food instead...
Happy to have had such a fun trip, but excited to go home & see Lincoln!
Looking out the window...
Silly girl...
Linc scheduled our flight during Kylee's nap time, which I figured would work out great or turn out horribly. It was a little bit of both. :) She finally managed to fall asleep & took a 45-minute nap at the end of our flight, which was nice.
It was great to see Lincoln. He had Daisy waiting in the truck, which I loved. (It's crazy how much I can miss a dog! :) ) We came home to a clean[er] house & a new puzzle for Kylee. We are grateful that we had the money to make this trip back to the U.S. We created some great memories with both of our families.

2 comments:

Susan Allen said...

I love looking at your Blog Anjane! Unfortunately though, it makes me miss you guys more than I already do! Can't wait till we get to see you again. Love you guys so much!!! mom

Jennifer Larson said...

Adorable pictures of you and Kylee.

Blog Archive