There's been a lot going on lately, so here's an update:
Lincoln: He is doing well in his 2nd semester of school. I can't believe how much he already knows about the body & the way that it works. It's pretty incredible that he has learned so much in such a short amount of time!
Kylee: After being sick for a MONTH, she is finally starting to feel better. However, she has had a major problem with hitting, scratching, pinching, pushing & biting. I'm honestly afraid that she will be kicked out of nursery. I know of 5 kids right now who have marks on their face from Kylee's nails or teeth! Kylee is SUCH a sweet girl most of the time, so it's hard to see her do those kinds of things to others. Most of it has happened this past month, since she got sick...so I'm really hoping that her lashing out was mostly because she didn't feel well!
Me: I'm busy with lots of different things right now!
1) RUNNING: I started running 2 to 2 1/2 miles every morning. For the record, I have told multiple people that I had NO desire to EVER be a runner. And I honestly didn't. I don't absolutely love it, but I'm doing it for my health. As a mom, it seems like the most effective thing that I can do to get in shape. I definitely wouldn't be able to do it without my running partner, Heather! Maybe when I get used to waking up at 6am, & when I stop being sore & exhausted from running, I will enjoy it more! :)
2) PIANO: I've had about 6 piano lessons so far. I go once a week for an hour, after Lincoln gets home & while Kylee is napping. Piano is very challenging for me, but I am really enjoying it. I have been trying to practice for an hour every day, and have seen (or heard) some results...but I still have a long way to go. The piano is the first instrument I've ever played, & I definitely have a new found admiration for people who play instruments!
3) MY CALLING: I have a new calling. I am the Faith In God leader & am over the boys and girls who are 8-12 years old. We combine with another ward, & there are about 18 kids total. The boys here don't do Scouts, so this is like an Activity Day for all of them to work on something from their Faith in God book. I went to my first activity last night, which the leader from the other ward was in charge of. I'm in charge of the next activity in 2 weeks & I am a little worried. Hardly any of the kids speak English, so I have to be in charge of all of these kids who speak a different language than I do! How am I going to establish structure & help them learn & have fun when I can't communicate well with them? I'll definitely have to be creative & do a lot of planning! I also need to keep track of where each of the kids are at in their books & follow up with them each week. Yikes! :)
4) SEWING: I am trying to sew something every month or so. I've only made a few things so far. Hopefully I'll be able to find the time soon to work on becoming better at this.
5) FRIENDS: Kylee & I (&Linc once in awhile) have been hanging out with a lot of friends lately. It is so fun to strengthen our relationships with them & to know people who are in a similar situation as us. I don't get to hang out with Lincoln as much as I'd like to, so I sure am grateful for the other friends that I have.
6) CLEANING & COOKING: I never really learned to manage a household. When I had endometriosis, I was usually just trying to get through each day. Adequately managing a household sounded like a dream to me, and now I have been given the strength & health to be able to do it. But I'm not where I need to be with that yet. I'm improving though!
I am hopeful that I will be able to keep up with everything, because it sure is making me happy to have new hobbies & other positive things to do!
6) CLEANING & COOKING: I never really learned to manage a household. When I had endometriosis, I was usually just trying to get through each day. Adequately managing a household sounded like a dream to me, and now I have been given the strength & health to be able to do it. But I'm not where I need to be with that yet. I'm improving though!
I am hopeful that I will be able to keep up with everything, because it sure is making me happy to have new hobbies & other positive things to do!


No comments:
Post a Comment