It's October! Lincoln only has 7 1/2 weeks of school left until he is done with his second semester and becomes a SECOND YEAR med student! How did that happen?! This semester has gone by WAY, WAY faster than last semester did. The stresses of having to find a home, buy all of our appliances, navigate the city, wait for the culture shock to wear off, make new friends, get used to being away from family, and adjust to life in medical school, were a lot to handle all at once. This semester has been so much easier. We are pretty well adjusted now. We have made amazing friends, improved our Spanish, and have become more accustomed to the Mexican culture. We absolutely love our home and neighbors. Life is good.
We are all on our way to better health, which is a relief. Kylee is finally feeling better after about 6 weeks of being sick every day. She is dealing with some allergies right now, but nothing else, thank goodness! I was so sick all last week with the worst cough I've ever had. The cut on my knee got infected too, which really hurt. I was pretty miserable. Today I left my house for the second time in 10 days, and it felt so good! I am still not feeling great, but hopefully in the next few days I will be able to start running again and settle back into a normal routine!
I was looking at past blog posts the other day, and saw how much I used to write about our dogs. I guess I'd better still write about them once in awhile, because I LOVE them and they are a big part of our lives. Daisy is a sweetheart. If I am ever downstairs by myself at night, Daisy will sit by me until I am ready for bed. She waits until I have turned off all the lights and started walking up the stairs before she walks upstairs herself. I love it. :) hallux had a huge fascination with flushing toilets when we first got him. It was hilarious. Now he likes to try to chew on my hair, follow girls down the street when they walk by our house, tear pieces of paper to shreds, and play fetch with the tennis ball. He also enjoys attacking the mop when I am mopping the floors, which kind of drives me nuts. When I go outside to wash the sliding glass doors, Hallux stays inside and tries to bite the paper towel tht I am using to wipe he window. He definitely makes me laugh. Hallux's best friend is the Haskin's dog Luna. When they get together, they will literally chase each other around the house for hours. Daisy still gets annoyed with Hallux at times, since he is still in that hyper, needy puppy stage...but for the most part, they get along really well.
This is the first Halloween and Thanksgiving that we will spend away from our families. Celebrating the holidays with my family this summer definitely helped, but it still isn't really the same. However, we do have some really fun things coming up in October, including: a visit from my parents, the Pan American games (I just wish we'd gotten tickets to an event!), an extra day off of school for Lincoln, a couples' Goth Halloween party that we are throwing, and the Halloween Wives Club activity for the kiddos.
LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment