11.06.2011

Kylee: October 2011

It's time for my monthly update on Kylee. She is 2 years & 3 months old now...& it is very obvious. Being the oldest child in my family, I thought I had a decent idea of what to expect when my kids turned 2, since I was constantly around my brothers & sisters at that age. Well, now I realize that it is completely different as the parent! Two-year-old's are...intense.

I've called my mom multiple times in the last few months to tell her thank you for still loving me despite the fact that I was a crazy two-year-old. And since I am writing this post on a day when Kylee has been extra cranky, I'll focus on the positive: the fun, adorable & hilarious things that she is doing at this age. Because let's face it...when she isn't screaming, crying or talking back she is absolutely adorable!

Kylee's favorite show is Caillou, and she has recently become fascinated with mine & Lincoln's wedding video. She is also very interested in Santa & Christmas right now. When she isn't behaving, I ask her if she wants to be put on "The Naughty List" like Swiper. (She has a Dora Christmas movie where Swiper is put on Santa's "Naughty List".) That's her biggest fear in life currently. :) Kylee wants Santa to bring her a Barbie, crayons, a coloring book, gum & candy this year.

Kylee loves to chase Hallux around the table. Her favorite song is "Kylee Raelyn" (a song that my mom made up about her). She is constantly talking to her stuffed animals & random objects in the house. Her conversations with them are hilarious. Kylee definitely talks to & disciplines her stuffed animals the same way that I talk to & discipline her. Kylee is still a total "Daddy's Girl". She knows that Daddy is usually at school or studying, but when he isn't, Kylee wants Lincoln's full attention. When Linc asks Kylee if she wants to run errands with him, she just beams. I love seeing that bond between the two of them.

Kylee's favorite things to say are "That's a funny joke!" whenever one of us says something funny, "I been in bed 2 hours!" when she wakes up from her nap, and "It's little bit big" when I put clothes or shoes on her that she doesn't want to wear. She is great at saying "I love you" & "Thank you". When I compliment her, give her something to eat, give her a kiss, etc. she always says "Thank you Mom."

A few funny things that Kylee said this past month are:
When I asked her what she wanted to do one day, she replied "Eat tacos & talk in Spanish."
One night she started yelling my name in the middle of the night, & when I went in her room & asked her what was wrong, she said, "Mom, I want cake from Walmart."
A few days ago, Kylee was taking a nap & Lincoln & I were watching tv upstairs. Suddenly we heard her yell "Room smells really bad! Little poops all over!" Oh, how I did not want to open her bedroom door when I heard that. I won't go into details about what we found. Let's just say we need to buy some duct tape because she is excellent at taking her diaper off. :)
When I ask her each week what she did in nursery (hoping she will tell me what her lesson was about or what songs she sang) she says "I hit. I pinched. I pulled hair."

Kylee's naps are becoming more sporadic. She either skips her nap or takes a really long one (like for 4 hours!). I'm not sure why, but I'll take it. Kylee has learned a few more Spanish words lately. We've heard her singing a song in Spanish that she heard one of her friends singing the other day. She also knows the answer to "Como te llamas?"

Kylee's potty training is going really well. I think I mentioned before that I am basically just letting her potty train herself. She goes in the toilet a few times a day, but still wears diapers. She hates having me sit in the bathroom with her & prefers to do it all by herself. Kylee's favorite part about potty training is the candy that she gets after she goes!

And now for my favorite moments:
Twice Kylee has mentioned Jackson out of nowhere and told me that he is a missionary. I love that kids are so innocent & pure and that they are able to teach us so much!

Here are a few pictures of Kylee from October:
Kylee sitting outside with Barbie, telling her what she did wrong & putting her in time-out...
Cute headband Kylee!
On Halloween, we were driving back from a friend's house & saw all of the Trick-or-Treaters outside. (Halloween was a way bigger celebration than I thought it would be here in Mexico. My favorite part was hearing the Trick-or-Treaters chant "Queremos Halloween!" ["We want Halloween!"] as they walked down the streets.) Kylee saw all of the kids in their costumes & immediately grabbed her Elmo bucket that was sitting next to her on the seat. She put it on her head & said "Elmo costume, Mom!"
We Love You Kylee Girl!

1 comment:

Blog Archive