12.02.2011

Farewell to Heather

Well, the end of this semester made me sad, because I had multiple friends move back to the U.S. for good. :( One of these friends was Heather...the first friend I made in Mexico, who turned to me 5 minutes after we met & declared me her new best friend. She has definitely become that. She moved to Thatcher last week with her girls. I really can't explain how bummed I am that I will be in Mexico for the next few years without this girl by my side!

We tried brain tacos together...
We feared for our lives on the safari ride at the Guadalajara Zoo...
We hung out with each other at many Wives Club activities...
And enjoyed each other's company during our Girls Nights...
We had late-night crepe runs...
We celebrated holidays...
And birthdays too...
Heather brought me flowers when Duke died and taught me that running isn't as torturous as it seems. She sympathized with me when I talked about how hard I think having one child can be & never reminded me that she has four. She took care of my knees when I fell & tore them up. :) She fed my family & I many times, provided me with treats when I had cravings, & made me feel like I am a great person even when I'm acting like a terrible one. Friends like Heather are hard to come by, that's for sure.

I'll miss laughing until our stomachs hurt, driving like maniacs, playing Hide & Seek in the Dark with our hubbies, acting like we know how to speak Spanish when we really don't, getting lost in Mexico, and all of the other things that kept us busy over this year.

We will, of course, miss the girls as well. Dylan & Kylee definitely have a love/hate relationship, but I'm sure they will miss the loving parts of their friendship... :)
We will miss Riley's smiling face, how good she is with Kylee & her sense of humor...
We'll miss London's witty remarks & how fun she is to tease. She made this picture for Lincoln the other day that had us laughing so hard...
(Inside joke. :) )

The weekend before Kylee & I left Mexico for AZ, we spent some time with the Haskin family. Heather & I took the girls to the park...
Kylee ended up sitting on the ground throwing a fit half the time. You know...the usual.
I convinced Heather to roll down the hills at the park with me. After all, what else are you supposed to do with one of your best friends who is moving out of the country? :)
I'll spare you from my "action" shot & just show you my laughing-my-head-off-after-rolling-down-the-hill shot...
We're glad that Josh will be around for awhile, but will miss the rest of the Haskin family! We love you guys! Thank you for being such great friends!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive