Well, this is just going to be a boring post with no pictures...so you don't have to read it if you don't want to. :) I know that I make random posts on my blog about my health & that I'll say I am feeling good & then I'll talk about how much pain I'm in...so I've realized it's probably kind of confusing. I also will tell people I am fine when I am actually in a ton of pain or having a really crappy day. So I decided to just tell you exactly what's been happening. (Please don't think that I hate my life though, I just hate the situation!) So here's what's going on: I haven't worked at all for the past 2 or 3 weeks (luckily it's for my parents & I just work when I feel good); I'm on some medication that has lots of stupid side effects because it makes my hormones go crazy, which makes my endometriosis grow back faster; on bad days I take about 6 Vicodin a day & on good days it's probably 2 a day; I think I fell asleep after 5am four nights last week & slept until 1pm two of the days; I am really stressed with this whole situation, which makes everything so much worse. Lincoln is working full-time & going to school full-time. It's hard because he is trying to provide for us but we really need some more income & I am too sick to work right now. He is so busy it is ridiculous...we really don't have much time at all to spend with each other.
However, I want to tell you about a few things that are going great in my life! First of all, I feel good every Sunday. I seriously think I have missed two Sundays, because I was sick or in pain, since I was put into the Primary Presidency (last July) & that in itself is a miracle. Before I was called, I missed church about half the time & actually told the bishop that I'd accept the calling, but that I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to fulfill my responsibilities at all. I am about to cry as I write this...Primary has been the biggest blessing to me. I know I've mentioned this before but let me tell you why. The kids have so much LIFE in them...they just make me want to live better & be happier. There are three girls in Primary who have come to my house to give me pictures that they drew & I absolutely LOVE that! This calling makes me feel like I have something to offer, & I am actually able to accomplish things in this area in my life. I seriously go to church feeling good & sometimes within an hour after I come home I am laying on the couch in pain. Most of the time I feel good the whole day on Sunday though, & then Monday hits and I am in pain/sick the majority of the week. I seriously have to sometimes lay on the couch all day for 3 days in a row (of course eating & showering in between :) ) but come Sunday I am FINE! I am seriously SO blessed!
One other thing...I have a good marriage. I can't say that we don't fight, I can't say that we haven't made each other really upset before, because we definitely have! We are SO different from each other, so we think it really is so strange that we ended up together. But now we are starting to see WHY....we teach each other things every day. We are so open with each other (maybe too open, I don't know) but I can say that we are great friends. We try to look past each other's faults (& trust me, there are some big ones with us both) & help each other with our struggles in life. Sometimes all I can think about is having a baby, but then I stop & think about how we are supposed to put our relationship with our spouse before our kids. I realize that Lincoln is my life right now, and that children will hopefully come with time, & I have REALLY learned to enjoy the fact that we've been married for 4 years & aren't raising a child or two. Of course this was definitely not in our plans...most of our marriage has been COMPLETELY different than we had expected or even hoped, but it's good. We would love to have Jackson here, we would love to be pregnant again, we would love a lot of things...but we are learning to embrace our situation. It makes me realize that Heavenly Father knows what I need SO much more than I know what I need. Anyway, I just wanted to share an update but it turned into more..... I do want to thank those of you who always ask how I'm feeling. It means a lot to us! Thanks!!!
5.05.2008
Update...
Posted by Hiatt Family at 1:31:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


8 comments:
Anjane', you are such a great example of how to get through trials the right way! You really do "endure it well"! When I was reading this at first, realizing how bad it's been for you and I didn't even know it (because you fake it really well), I started thinking maybe primary was too much for you. But I'm so glad to know it's such a bright spot in your life. You always remind me of how important it is and how we need to think of the kids, and not just the program. You're so awesome!
i really loved this post. i appreciate the "courage" it takes to really let others know how bad it is and what you are dealing with. it is so much easier to say you are doing ok. and so much harder to admit you are not. i regret all the time i lived close to you and didn't help you more. going through trials gives you such a different perspecitve and makes you want to help people more. i got called to the PP too right after my surgery and i could not belive it, i thought the PP was crazy but I too have seen how blessed I've been to always fulfill my calling. It is obvious how important those kids are to Him.
Anjane', You are a incredible! Jana is right when she says you fake it well! You know I'm here for you!!
anjane', you really are inspirational! You have had some hard trials, but you still have a great outlook on life, and you really have endured them well. You amaze me! The Lord is blessing you with so many insights , and such compassion for people. I really do admire you. You may think that because you are not feeling well, and at home much of the time that you are not impacting people for good, but your positive attitude has really helped me in my own life. Thanks for sharing!
Melissa
Hey Anj-- okay, so I know it's a little different, but in some ways the same when it comes to the kid thing.... Totally know where you're coming from and the pain you're feeling with that. Dave and I look back at our first 7 years together and totally don't have ANY regrets, even though it was totally not what we expected. I'm so glad that you are seeing the blessings that are in your life. You are a great example that way. I truly hope that you get to feeling better and that your hopes and desires can happen for you, sooner than later. You're awesome and a super example to many. Keep focusing on your blessings, it always helps.
You are so positive about your situation and such a great example to everyone. Thank you for sharing your feelings. I really look up to you!
Anjane'you are a real trooper. Thanks for being such an awesome person and having a great outlook on life even when things are so difficuilt for you. You have such a sweet spirit.
Anjane thank you for being such a great example. It's so interesting how we put on an act like everything is always great and it's comforting that life really isn't like that. Things that you think you could never handle comes to you and somehow you find the strength to get through them and come out stronger in the end.You never know what life is going to throw at you. The one thing that holds me together is the knowledge of the gospel that we have. what a great blessing that is. I know I don't know you very well but please let me know if their is anything I can ever do for you. Even if you are having a bad day and just want some junk food.:)
Post a Comment