6.28.2008

"God does notice us, and he watches over us, but it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." -Spencer W. Kimball


I could talk about a hundred people in this post...people who make my life easier & remind me of who I am & who I'm trying to become. I've been thinking about two specific people a lot the last couple weeks & have realized how incredibly grateful I am to have them in my life.

My cousin Kristin & I have always been close. When she lived in Cali we would write each other letters about the Babysitters Club books we were reading & about New Kids on the Block. No joke. :) When she moved to Mesa in Jr. High I was constantly hanging out with her & her sister Amy. Right now Kristin is pregnant with twins...a boy and a girl...& has been in the hospital for over a month. She's just had to basically sit there & do nothing, hoping that the babies don't come too soon. Well, while I was out of town last week my mom called to tell me that Kristin has pneumonia & a blood infection, which could mean that the babies have the infection as well. She isn't due until October...WAY too early for her kids to come! They tested the babies to see if they have it...I am SO thankful that they don't. If they had, Kristin would have had to be induced last week & the babies may not have survived. The doctors were actually more concerned for Kristin & her life though. Now things seem to be under control, but I was just so afraid & couldn't imagine not having her here with us. I know Kristin won't read this, but Tricia tell her I LOVE her so much & that I'm praying for her & that I think about her constantly!

My brother Aaron is the other person that I've been thinking about. I spent the night at my parents' house a couple weeks ago & Aaron & I stayed up talking for 4 hours. He is an amazing person. He is such a cutie! I have always been close to him, but the last few years we've kind of drifted apart a little bit. Now we are as close as ever & I LOVE it! Before I got married, he would come sit on my bed late at night when I got home from a date & talk to me about what I did & how I felt about the guy. I loved analyzing my love life with him. He was only 12 years old at the time...what 12-year-old boy would normally care about stuff like that? He is a great athlete & has an awesome smile. I love him so much & am so thankful to have him as my brother & friend. I LOVE YOU AARON! Thanks so much for everything that you do for me & for your friendship.

No comments:

Blog Archive