6.28.2008

Fathers Day

I know this is late, but I wanted to say Happy Fathers Day to our wonderful dads. Linc's dad is just amazing. He is SO sweet & loving & never forgets to give me hugs & kisses. He is incredibly down-to-earth, humble, kind, patient, & has a strong testimony of the gospel. I love him more than I can say & really appreciate the influence that he has on Lincoln & I & our lives.





I have always felt close to my dad. He taught me exactly what I needed to know when I was a child & teenager...I have an incredible foundation & support system for which I'm SO grateful! Most questions in my life can be answered by looking back at something that my parents taught me or practiced in their own lives. My dad can be SO goofy sometimes & I love it. He can make me laugh harder than almost anyone. He used to love to embarrass me when we were in the grocery store, at a game or some other public place. He'd usually sing & dance & would not stop...when he knew I was humiliated he would just sing louder & draw more attention to us. Now I think it's hilarious. :) I will forever be thankful for my dad. Oh, a funny side note: I gave sharing time on Fathers Day & held up this picture & asked the kids to guess who it was. They said, "Your husband?" (which they totally know Linc so I don't know why they said that). I said "no" & they said, "Your brother? Your uncle?" Then one of them said, "Is that your DAD?! He is SO young!" Ha ha. I told him that & it made him feel pretty good. :)


Last but not least, I am so thankful that Lincoln is my little Jackson's father. These may seem like strange pictures to post but I absolutely LOVE the fact that Lincoln was the last person to hold our son on this earth. Tears come to my eyes as I write this because I have been missing Jackson much more than usual lately. I can't put into words how thankful I am to have had Lincoln by my side when we lost our baby, & to continue to have him by my side now. Nobody will ever know exactly what we've felt throughout all of this...but I know that Linc understands. I never have to try to explain to him how it feels to lose a child because he knows. Lincoln is such a great daddy. I am so blessed!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany Matthews said...

Those pictures of Lincon are amazing it brings back so many memories. This was a hard couple of months for us knowing that by now we should have been planning for a baby blessing in a week. I know how you feel to an extent I go to Emily's grave often with Ryan and even though he never saw her it is so amazing because we will take something like a pinwheel to put on her grave and I thought I would have to fight him to leave it there and he just puts it in the ground like the other ones and when we leave he says by emmmmm he try's to say Emily we are still working on his speech but he really seems like he knows that it is a special place. It looks like from your blog that you have a wonderful family to get you though the hard times. During those times that we all seem to have I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have as members of the church and knowing that we will see them again. I was reading in the RS manual after Emily died and it said that we will have the opportunity during the millennium to raise our babies that have gone before us. I had never really thought of that and that is one thing on my darkest days that I think of that cheers me up and gives me something to look forward to.

Kara Jones said...

I enjoyed reading this post, Dad's play such a major role huh? I always feel the spirit when you talk about Jackson. I can actually feel the muscles in my chest & throat tighten up, then melt when u talk about your love & longing for him. What a beautiful mother he has, I am glad you are starting to feel better.

Blog Archive