8.14.2008

Happy Birthday Melissa!
















I love this girl more than I can say. She has ALWAYS been that anchor and support that I've needed and is my best friend. She is the most perfect person I have ever met. Growing up I always had her example to follow...whether it was walking into our bedroom & seeing her on her knees praying or reading her scriptures, or watching how she interacted with people and how well she treated those around her. I loved analyzing our lives with each other for hours at night before we fell asleep. (I was shocked when I got married & realized that when Lincoln got into bed he didn't want to sit and talk forever. :) ) I love Melissa's smile and her laugh and how goofy we can be together. (I even have a whole different voice that I use when I am with her. :) Ha ha.) I know that she is going to be an incredible wife to some lucky guy...he won't even know that someone like her existed! I love how my sister & I have a one-track mind. (People hate playing us in Taboo...one time the clue I gave was "animal" & she said "zebra" & it was right, or we'll say, "Remember what we were talking about yesterday about how you hated this?"...& she'll get the answer. It's hilarious.) Anyway, I could write 10 pages about Melissa and the way that I feel about her. I am thankful every day for her.

Meliss, thanks for helping me clean my house, stocking my fridge full of food, that incredible scrapbook with my friends' letters that you gave me for my 20th bday, your uplifting emails, letting me borrow your clothes, playing "office" with me all the time when we were younger, teaching me how to love people, telling me how I great I am when I know it's not always true :), being so compassionate about my health problems, being so sincere, helping me want to exercise more and eat better, having the most powerful testimony ever, pursuing your education, singing with me, and for the part of my heart that you continually fill. I love you so much, you can't even fathom it. You are amazing. I hope that you had a great birthday. -Anj

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am glad everyone is home now! How fun :) I can't believe how much Melissa looks like your mom! Tell her hi for me!

Blog Archive