9.10.2008

Headstone Placement Part 1

We had the opportunity to go to Snowflake this past weekend to put Jackson's headstone in. It was an awesome trip. We ended up leaving at 4am on Saturday, with Lincoln & I traveling on zero sleep. We slept for about 2 hours and then went to a sealing, a funeral, a burial, a baptism, to the cemetery to place Jackson's headstone, and then to a reception. It was a totally crazy day but it was one of the best days Lincoln & I have ever had. The burial that we attended was for a friend whose 6-month-old little boy died. They buried their little boy a few rows down from where Jackson is buried. It was the only other baby burial we have been to, besides Jackson's, and it was an amazing experience for us to be able to be a part of it. Everything that was said just took me back almost two years to the day that we buried our son. There were things that Mike (the boy's dad) said that were exactly things that Lincoln and I had felt and had talked about with one another. Mike & Clarice & their families were amazingly strong. I loved the spirit that I felt from them. It definitely set the right mood for us as we prepared to place Jackson's headstone. We learned so much that day.




Unfortunately we didn't get Jackson's headstone in on the first try...I'm not sure what happened. So the guys decided that we needed to come back on Sunday to try a few more things. The headstone just wasn't going down all the way. We left it the way it was and finished it the next day.

2 comments:

Wiltbank Family said...

The headstone looks beautiful. I wish that we could be there to see it. So thank you for posting pictures. Wendy

Bekah: said...

I'm sure this was so emotional for you. Did it feel final? What were your emotions? I really admire you for taking the time to take pictures at times like this. Jackson will always be such a part of your family and I love how you do so much to keep it that way.

Blog Archive