
This is totally me right now (except with a shirt on :) )...COVERED in mosquito bites! I had over 20 at the same time & right when those started going away, I got a ton more. I have some sort of weird reaction to the bites too...they get swollen & some turn into welts. Lincoln informed me last week that I look like the meth patients that come into the hospital....awesome. I've been on Benadryl for a week & a half & have been smothering myself with hydrocortizone cream. Last night I couldn't sleep because I was itching so much (on 2 Benadryl), & I even woke Lincoln up because I was itching my legs on the comforter. The first week I was fine with it...this week I have been VERY cranky about it!!! Anyway, I am wondering if someone has some sort of miracle cure that helps the itching. Probably not, but I thought I would ask just in case! And yes, I know that I'm being dramatic about this. :)
9.24.2008
So Lame!
Posted by Hiatt Family at 1:43:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


7 comments:
did you know you can take the liquid benadryl and rub it on your body to stop the reaction! it helps a little faster and longer then hydrocortisone.
Tea tree oil works wonders in stopping the itch. You can get it at the drug store or you can totally borrow mine. I feel ya cause I go insane when I have bites.
Oh my gosh! I'm allergic too! They swell us like 10 times the size, always have. Plus they seem to like me....
So here's what I learned while I was in Greece...put vinegar on them. Sounds crazy, but try it! My sister swears it works!
Yeah, I have been having major mosquito bites lately too! One thing that works well is Scalpacin. It is for scalp itch relief, and my balding old grandpa told me about it for mosquito bites. Good luck! I feel for ya!
Hey,
Try making a baking soda paste and rubbing it on, it makes a mess but works pretty good. And get some avon stuff to prevent the bites. You will have to ask Holly what the name of the stuff is but I am sold on it. We went camping with her and did not get any bites, awesome.
my grandma SWEARS by toothpaste. just rub some on it, she says. ??? it seemed to work as a kid, i haven't gotten that desperate since though!
You're not being lame! : ]
Bites suck! And I get the same reaction! A welt & or big, red, hard bumps.I'm sorry, I have NOT found the cure yet. I just try and put bug spray on ANYTIME I'm going to be outside. I'd get the wipes or one that smells good.
Post a Comment