What I was doing at this time last year: waiting for surgery #6...
Having surgery seems to be somewhat of a holiday tradition for me now. My new doctor will be calling me in a few days to schedule another surgery! That means that Lincoln will fall in love with me all over again when he sees me in my sexy hospital gown & cap...this will be the third surgery I've had since we've been married, and surgery #7 overall.
I went to my long-awaited ob/gyn appointment today & let me just tell you...IT WENT BETTER THAN I HAD EVEN HOPED IT WOULD!!! My new doctor is perfect! I love her! If I could write down every single thing I want in an ob/gyn, she would fit the list completely. This really is an answer to my prayers! I was feeling very discouraged and apprehensive when I woke up this morning. I kind of hit a wall these past few days. I just don't feel like I can take this pain anymore! It is there all the time & it just seems to keep getting worse. When it is at its worst, even while on Vicodin, I can hardly gear myself up to even take a shower & get ready. I've been having to take it really easy, and when I'm not feelng well, sometimes the thought of even being around people and having to try to put on a happy face is more than I can handle! So needless to say, I am completely at the end of my rope.
Now I have a very strong sense of HOPE and FAITH that everything will turn out well! I am SO, SO excited to have another surgery. Not many people can say that...but I know this means that I will have at least 4 months of feeling great. Add acupuncture to my recovery (which I haven't had in the past) and I think things will turn out really well. My plan is to go to a new fertility specialist right after my surgery and work really hard to get pregnant before my pain comes back. My acupuncturist, family doctor, my new ob/gyn & I are all on the same page, which means I'll have these amazing people to help me to carry out my plan! I couldn't be happier. I am in awe when I think that Heavenly Father would help me find such an amazing doctor & that He would help me to know EXACTLY what I need to do at this point in my life. I feel so unworthy of that sometimes! The Spirit is truly amazing...I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to have Him as my constant companion. I really appreciate good friends & family who support me in this. Thanks a million!
Here's to an effective surgery & a speedy recovery!!! I am hoping that my surgery will be scheduled for sometime before Christmas...I'll post the surgery date when I find out.



10 comments:
I'm so glad things went well at your appointment today and that you really like your doctor. I will pray for you that everything will go well with this next surgery.
emma i am sory you had srgry boo hoo
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmtgvtrfdsedfr
I hope everything works out for the best for you. Oh and I love the shirt........Apache Junction :)
Hooray! I am so happy to hear things went well, you've been in both my thoughts and my prayers!
I'm glad you like your doctor. I hope everything goes well. By the way, who IS your doctor? I'm just curious, I might want to switch! :) Email me and let me know. Thanks!
Anjane',
You have been in my thoughts often lately, and I'm so sorry that you have to go through so much pain, but I am glad you found a great M.D....and that you are feeling hopeful. I'm praying for you!
I'm so glad you found a good doctor. It's amazing to hear you speak to positively about doctors and hospitals and surgery. I hate ALL of that stuff and I don't know that I could be thankful for it. You're truly an inspiration to look for the positive and be thankful no matter what!
I am glad that you found a great doctor for you. i hope your plan works just as you planed it it sounds like a good one.
YAY!!!! I am so glad to hear that your hope and faith are back, and that your doctors and you are all on the same page FINALLY! That is truly awesome! Brint and I are so happy for you. Let us know how things go and if you need anything. Love you both.
Brea
Post a Comment