12.06.2008

Complaining

All day I have had this pent-up negative energy inside of me & writing about it in my journal didn't seem good enough...so I am blogging about it instead. :) I know that Heavenly Father is very aware of my health problems (more aware than I even realize) and that this is His will. However, it doesn't mean that it is always easy to deal with! I am tired of having an insane sleeping schedule. Two nights this week I went to bed early and got over 12 hours of sleep. The other two nights I went to bed VERY late (6:30am one night....morning......whatever) and only got a few hours of sleep. Tonight is proving to be one of those "later" nights. My immune system is weak right now & my lack of sleep doesn't help & makes my pain harder to handle. Moving on...

I am tired of seeing Lincoln being affected by my trials. I hate that he has to make his own dinner most of the time, live in a cluttered house, not touch me sometimes because I'm hurting so much, and wonder what kind of day I'm having each day. I hate that he is financially responsible for taking care of our family when he is going to school full-time, that his love language is "acts of kindness" & basically all I can do is TELL him that I love him, and that he almost always has to drive when we go somewhere (even when he comes home from work having not slept & we drive straight to Snowflake) because I'm on painkillers. Some of these things sound so insignificant but they just get old so fast!

I guess that is it. That's all I really have to complain about and surprisingly I already feel better. I was afraid this post would be 20 paragraphs before I was through. :) Now, normally I would consider just deleting this before I even post it...but I'm not going to. It is important to me that I remember the hard times as well as the good. That way the good times are that much sweeter and I can see how far I've come & how much our situation has improved. I am SO glad that I have my surgery scheduled. I feel like I've pushed through my pain for so long (even though it's only been a month & a half since my acupuncture stopped working so well) & now that it is going to get better soon, I've run out of patience! I seem to do that quite often. The last leg of the race is always the very hardest for me. Well, thanks to those who read this. I really do appreciate all of the support that everyone gives me!

7 comments:

Jana said...

You know...I'm perfectly healthy, yet my husband also has to make his own dinner often, and live in a cluttered house,...and pretty much all those other things.... Wow, maybe I should be all wonder-womanish and be a productive and nice wife since I'm not having a major health crisis. ;) You're such a good wife to be so concerned about how it's affecting him. You go girl!

The Crider Clan said...

Anjane',
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I realized that I had not been commenting much on people's posts because I didn't have anything helpful to say, but it is just good to know that people are reading them, and care what's going on in your life...and I definitely do care about you and your life. When are you scheduled for surgery? I truly hope it helps!

Emily Weber said...

There's NOTHING wrong with having a good old complaint session every now and again. I probably do it much more often than I should. You are so strong and I know how hard things must be for you. If you ever need ANYTHING I hope you know you can call me.

Heather said...

You are an amazing person. I admire you for enduring your trials with such a good attitude. They do get hard, and like you said, I think they are meant to be difficult because that makes us more vulnerable, humble and teachable. Also, we enjoy the good times SOO much more.

I hope everything goes as planned with the surgery. My prayers are with you!

Michelle Randall said...

Anjane-I can't imagine what you go through each and every day. You are so strong and amazing to put up wtih so much and still smile and see all the joy you have along with the crap. Don't be so hard on yourself. Lincoln is lucky to have you and I'm sure that he knows that. Keep hanging in there until your surgery. We will pray for you to feel better in the meantime! P.S. I gave up cooking long ago. My husband is the chef in the family!

Ralae said...

I'll keep you in my prayers. I can't imagine how hard it must be to live in so much pain.

By the way, I think you were friends with Amber (Gerrard) Skabelund. She hung out a lot with Amy and Ashley. Anyway, we're having a baby shower for her on Thursday night. I didn't have your address to send you an invite and I don't know if Amber's mom did. Anyway, just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to come. Amy and her sisters will be there, it'd be fun to see you. It starts at 6:30. If you were feeling up to it, email me and I'll give you more info. I hope you feel better soon!

Jenn said...

Anjane' - you are so amazing and inspriring. I read your posts and I feel like you are such a strong person and I don't even know you that well. Whenever I see you at church you are always smiling and happy and I know that must be hard some days. Thanks for your posts they really help me and again I really admire you and think you are one of the strongest people I know. I hope your surgery goes well and you can find some relief. I will keep checking your blog to hear all of the updates.

Blog Archive